Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as someone before me I went ahead and tried to install a OEM remote start on my 2010 MR. But i hated the one for the Outlander with the long antenna. So i ordered the one For the sport version and it works, plug and play, only down side right now is the key fob has lock and unlock buttons that do not work. I am researching this (as i typed this) to see if any differences there are to the FAST key of the Sport and MRs. But all and all its :rock:.

·
Registered
456 Posts
those lock and unlock buttons aren't for the doors, they are to lock or unlock the remote. lock, so you dont sit on it and start your car by accident for example, unlock to use the remote start function. i believe you can switch from lock to unlock by holding the function button, then pushing lock or unlock

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sorry for the noobness, but what are you guys talking about? Sounds very cool.

What is an OEM remote start? Is this a black box? What is the install like? How much does it cost? Part numbers?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Sorry for the noobness, but what are you guys talking about? Sounds very cool.

What is an OEM remote start? Is this a black box? What is the install like? How much does it cost? Part numbers?
many never notice, but Mitsubishi offers an OEM remote start for all their current gen vehicles

the only problem is it's expensive, and it turns off once you open the door (for safety reasons against theft). I'm in Houston, so the only person that did buy it found out about the anti-theft feature after install - and now he hates it and wishes he went aftermarket

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
So you just buy that thing and it works on an MR? All years? I love this forum.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
So you just buy that thing and it works on an MR? All years? I love this forum.
if the two things I mentioned don't bother you

oh also, it DOES NOT replace your FAST key, so you'll be stuck with two blocky key fobs if you go for it

if those don't bother you - then go for it. the remote does look nice :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
Some of the kits require you to tap into the wiring of the etacs and gauge cluster differs from each vehicle... I hate installing them. And yes its expensive as all mitsu products are

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
In my years of selling Mitsubishi's, I've never met one single person who ordered one; nor did I ever order one for my dealership's inventory. (I live in Houston, snow/cold weather doesn't exist). All I know about it are the pictures of the remote from the parts brochures, and that looks like it.

I don't sell them full-time anymore so I don't know the part number (used to be able to just walk over to parts department). I'm sure any dealership could get it for you to confirm. the pictures on the ebay ad LOOK legit - but I'm so anal when it comes to buying anything on ebay

other than that, be sure to share on the forums. this piece obviously isn't well known :tumbleweed:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The last three digits of the P# 340. Unfortunately yes the engine stops when you grab the door handle and/or unlock the vehicle and two key fobs. I was going to go aftermarket but at $450 plus some blood I installed it in about two hours mounting according to the instructions. As for as I'm concerned the ETAC-ECU has the same connector as the lancer or evox MR. I will link the site i first heard about the OEM remote start later ( its 916pm and im late for work) Sorry GSR guys you could probably get it to work if your an electrical engineer, but then it wouldn't be 100% plug and play then.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice, thanks for the info. Going to order this pronto, I can live with the engine off on door open. Sometimes I sit in my driveway for 15 minutes waiting for the first tick on the coolant level. Neighbors look at me funny.

Also would like to run thicker oil later in the vehicles life, and 50 weight takes 2x longer to heat up. The stress on the timing chain is enough to make sure you reach full oil operating temp before you move and inch.

I love this forum, you learn something new every day.

On the function of the remote, how does it get around the turning of the barrel on the stock ignition? I have to turn the black plastic thing (FAST key type) to the "ON" position before it allows start. Does the remote start make it so you can start without doing that? Does that also mean you can't stop the car anymore without the fob?

How was the "registration" process, anything like this?:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Nice, thanks for the info. Going to order this pronto, I can live with the engine off on door open. Sometimes I sit in my driveway for 15 minutes waiting for the first tick on the coolant level. Neighbors look at me funny.

Also would like to run thicker oil later in the vehicles life, and 50 weight takes 2x longer to heat up. The stress on the timing chain is enough to make sure you reach full oil operating temp before you move and inch.

I love this forum, you learn something new every day.

On the function of the remote, how does it get around the turning of the barrel on the stock ignition? I have to turn the black plastic thing (FAST key type) to the "ON" position before it allows start. Does the remote start make it so you can start without doing that? Does that also mean you can't stop the car anymore without the fob?

How was the "registration" process, anything like this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6SXKvGYFs

With the OEM remotoe start the system bypasses the turning of the Blk knob until you get in to the car. If car has been remte started and is still running when the car is unlocked or door opens the system kills the car. So then you hop in and start it normally. You can start and stop the engine with the remote start (Remote start and stop). like i said ealier you still need the original fob to drive the car. I actually had to use that video to make sure i did the Registation right.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36354&highlight=remote+start

Site where i first heard about the OEM remote starts in MRs. But this is for the one with long antenna or telescoping antenna the one i used is built in.
The one im using #340 works pretty much exactly as crimson49er says for #272.

A word of caution to those that want to try this and order it pay attention to Part #s, not pictures. Some sites show pics of #MZ360340EX but say MZ360272EX next to picture.

Pictures below show differences b/w #340 (left) and #272 (right)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice, again great info. I'll see if I can do a how-to when mine arrives.

·
Registered
456 Posts
the remote start module usually has a connector that you unplug the ignition harness, plug it into the remote start harness, and then the other end of the remote start plugs into the connector going towards the ignition. not good at explaining it. you only have to register the remote start remote to the module after wiring everything up. the rest sends signals through the ignition harness and etacs to tell the car to start

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the remote start module usually has a connector that you unplug the ignition harness, plug it into the remote start harness, and then the other end of the remote start plugs into the connector going towards the ignition. not good at explaining it. you only have to register the remote start remote to the module after wiring everything up. the rest sends signals through the ignition harness and etacs to tell the car to start

well there was no unplugging of anything. The harness and remote modules came as a kit. i plugged the four pin connector in to the Etacs and the other connectors to the remote modules, Registered the remote and presto remote start capable. No were in there did i explain how to install it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.