Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

my car is a weirdo, before i explain my problem i want you to meet this problematic kid:

What i have on the car:
- Running 100 octane (europe)
-OS tuned
-turboback catles exhaust
-ets intake
-ets uper IC piping
-TS ricirc BOV
-MAC 3 port EBC

The problem i have is this, car is overboosting to 27-28 PSI, and then in 1/10 of a sec drops to 15 psi and slowly builds up to 23 PSI what is requested by WGDC.
Car has no leaks, new plugs, cleaned airfilter, we tryed lowering WGDC tables nad some correction tables with my tuner, but no fix for this, car works normaly with lower WGDC targeting 18-19 PSI,
and if I add 5% more of WGDC it just shoots back to 28 PSI, then it overcorrect it self to 15 PSI and rise back to 23PSI again.

We checked and replaced EBC with new MAC, checked WG acutator and all lines to the EBC and WG, EBC is plumbed like it should be, we also mounted and EGT probe just before the runners merge into turbo and reading are kinda high doing 70MPH on a higway and its reading at 1380 F, WOT is over 1650 F @18 PSI, and over 1740 F @ 28PSI spike.

I have also replaced fuel pump relay and checked for pressure and it all checks out.

At the moment im not sure the problems is the tune..

Any kind of help would come in handy!

Kind regards and thansk for help!

PS:. attached is one of the logs when we trzed reducing % WGDC, its spieks to 1.7 bar that is 25 PSI

Also visual presentation of the stuborn one: VIDEO

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 gsr self tuning noob - Tp, Cbe, intake, uicp, GM 3 port and crushed BOV
151 Posts
I would start with wgdc all from 3k rpm set it all to 50%. Then work for there. Also for the crossover rpm you can set that to 100

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crossover has been set to 70 I believe,

will check WG preload today, what is recomendet for preload?
there is no boost leaks I smoke tested everything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts