Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 08 GSR, full catless, BOV, 4" inlet, intake, Cobb 3 port, Accessport, and I have been running the OTS Cobb stage 3 map without issues for a long time. I usually peak between 26 and 27 psi, but recently it's been spiking between 30 and 33. Also this year the car has sat there not being driven most of the time. Is my wastegate actuator sticking? The BOV is operating as it should and I haven't found any vacuum leaks. Is there a way to test my actuator? I can move it by hand but it feels rough.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It’s bad, real bad to boost 6 psi past tune and 33psi too!
Your lucky nothing happened because bad stuff can happen when you overboost the engine isn’t compensating for all that forced air.
I did 33 when I was on meth and corn safely on a pro tune.
stop what your doing and get pro tune in person or remote before it’s to late!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course a real tune would be optimal, but I can't to that right now. The cobb map has been fine for 2 years, which is why I feel like there's a mechanical problem. It only happens intermittently. I drove the car yesterday and it was back to normal

·
Registered
133 Posts
Your 3port could also be the culprit. You can bypass the 3port and see if the WG activates at spring pressure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had really good luck taming spikes by switching over to direct boost tuning. Not sure if you have done this, I used to spike as high as 29psi not it doesn't go past 24-25 just as I tuned for. This is with a GSv3 port to hold better

·
Registered
117 Posts
Either your wastegate is faulty or your 3 port is faulty. Run off wastegate pressure to see if it opens correctly if it doesn't wastegate is problem, if it does 3 port is the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts