Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone get P0140 after a professional tune? I am running an ETS test pipe and was not getting it before the tune. Is there anyone who can not turn off the P0140 on the ECU and needed to use a defouler?

Thoughts on why?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are pretty reputable tuner and I do not want to call them out since they are working with me to fix it.

I am a little frustrated since this will be 2nd time going back to get the code fixed.

Is there any danger to the code?

yea what he said ^^ who is the tuner

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Your tuner forgot to turn it off. Its a simple fix. I'm sure Golden can get that resolved for you if you have a tactrix cable and understand how to pull and flash your map (ecuflash). :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Tuner told me SES P0140 is hit or miss by updating the ECU which he tried already. I dropped off the car to resolve the issue and he charged me $75 for parts and installation of a Vibrant defouler.

I was very suprised for $50 install of $25 part that takes at most 10 minutes....

They didn't turn it off correctly.

The fact you weren't getting it before is irrelevant. You're getting it now. Ask the tuner.

5,198 Posts
Tuner told me SES P0140 is hit or miss by updating the ECU which he tried already. I dropped off the car to resolve the issue and he charged me $75 for parts and installatioin of a Vibrant defouler.

I was very suprised for 5 install of $25 part....
Ouch. Taken.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was definetly upset and I let him know that... What's worst is that I spend another 1K on other stuff with him. I know that is not a ton of money but it is not like I went there and got a tune. I though since the tune caused the code it would have been his responsibility to resolve the code.

Ouch. Taken.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Tuner told me SES P0140 is hit or miss by updating the ECU which he tried already. I dropped off the car to resolve the issue and he charged me $75 for parts and installation of a Vibrant defouler.

I was very suprised for $50 install of $25 part that takes at most 10 minutes....
I can fix that for you for free. All you need is a Tactrix cable. :)

Just ask Eyler, he did it in like 10 minutes earlier today.

5,198 Posts
ya my sst has it all of them do... its that get your stock bov pushed in a litte ...
P0140 has nothing to do with a bov whatsoever and nothing to do with having SST.

It's rear 02 from having no cat and easily taken care of (Thanks to Tephra) with somebody that actually knows the ECU, like Golden stated above.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How do you take this code off using ECUflash? I flipped bit 6 under ecu options #2. I saw that from a post, but the cel didnt go off. Anyone have any ideas? Perhaps i did it wrong. thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts

So that fixed it for good? Same thing happened to me after tune, P0140. Never had it for a year running test pipe with Cobb's OTS maps. Rear 02 is unchecked on my map with the AP. Looks like I need do this, hope it works.

·
Registered
26 Posts
do you have a high flow cat when i got the car it had sel on rear o2 sesor code on i put 2 spark plug defowlers 1on the other had to drill one out so the o2 sensor would fit took scantool cleared code on more code got spd,s at auto parts store.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts