Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched on here and evolutionm forums and couldn't find a definitive answer to this fix while reading it could be a faulty wiring harness to a bad valve/solenoid. I swapped the exhaust oil feeder solenoid and the CEL went away after it idled for 5mins but it came back after I took it for a quick drive around the block and parked it in the shop garage.

Long story short: blew old motor (no cel) a year ago and just recently swapped it with a healthy, used one. It starts, idles, drives beautifully. Nothing was changed between the motors MINUS new OEM Engine gaskets.

Thanks guys! I really need to get this fixed. I've held off my etune with Chet far too long and I can't get my tags renewed with it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've searched on here and evolutionm forums and couldn't find a definitive answer to this fix while reading it could be a faulty wiring harness to a bad valve/solenoid. I swapped the exhaust oil feeder solenoid and the CEL went away after it idled for 5mins but it came back after I took it for a quick drive around the block and parked it in the shop garage.

Long story short: blew old motor (no cel) a year ago and just recently swapped it with a healthy, used one. It starts, idles, drives beautifully. Nothing was changed between the motors MINUS new OEM Engine gaskets.

Thanks guys! I really need to get this fixed. I've held off my etune with Chet far too long and I can't get my tags renewed with it.
Possible short to the MIVEC solenoid?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts