Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had this pop up this morning. First time it's happened.

Anyone know if it's actually significant, or just a furphy?
I'm going to assume it's just one of those weird read/write glitches that happen every now and then with ram/rom, and that it won't happen again.

Unless someone tells me this is a sign of impending death, and my TCU is about to keel over... :(

· Registered
5,523 Posts
Wait, is that saying that it's throwing a code because the code storage system is malfunctioning? How the hell does that work?

Sounds like it did some kind of EEPROM test and it failed. The EEPROM (electrically erasable / programmable read-only memory) must be where it stores trouble codes.

I would clear it and see if it comes back.

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I've done >100 flashes i am sure
but i wonder if this is TCU memory, or ECU?

lol and if there was a trouble code that popped up, that it couldn't write!

· Registered
1,498 Posts
Last I got this code .. I was using Willall .. you guys know the outcome .. but I got additional codes on top of that ..

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using Diaqueen, but SSP clutchpacks.
I'll just cross my fingers for now :)

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ actually it drives great. and i have the 500hp ones, specifically purchased as they are the same thickness and my 2008 can't "teach in".

still slips a lot with power though. I'm getting there....
I've gone from high Load/high clamping pressure/no slip/shitty shifting to low Load/low pressure/great shifting ... trying to find the happy medium!

· Registered
1,498 Posts
^ actually it drives great. and i have the 500hp ones, specifically purchased as they are the same thickness and my 2008 can't "teach in".

still slips a lot with power though. I'm getting there....
I've gone from high Load/high clamping pressure/no slip/shitty shifting to low Load/low pressure/great shifting ... trying to find the happy medium!
The 400hp discs and the standard sized discs are the ones that has no problems that I know of ..

stock clutches no slip up to 560hp yet ;).. only problems now is misfire at 28psi at 6000rpms ..

Stock replacement discs are now available .. as are spares for the gearboxes ..

· Registered
64 Posts
DTC 1637 --> checksum test failed on TCU,
this can happen, if clamp 30 failed due to low voltage and TCU is not able to store all informations at shut down or get a reset while wake up. Try to erase this DTC and do a proper shut down in P with good battery condition for min 15 sec (switch all power user off like lights, etc....). Turn ignition on for 15sec, turn ign off for 15 sec. Turn ign on and read DTCs. If this DTC persists, may be eeprom is faulty. Has no effect on drivability and transmission function.

Regards
Modify

· Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Erased, and so far it hasn't come back :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.