Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sort of a re-badge. I peeled off the 'Lancer' badge to start. I used the thinnest fishing line I could find. Thinner the better...real easy. I used some 'go be gone' shit for the stickum' then waxed it up'. I used some Mits' white touch up' and black model enamel paint. 2 coats

I've always thought chrome on a white car looks funky. I was considering going with traditional red like 'Robevo' (looks excellent) but decided on white to keep with my black on white theme...and white to break up all the black on the front end.

For the trunk I went with black. I taped up what I could and did it free hand very carefully

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lookin good on the badges... I think I may do something similar!

Dino, post up pics when that mother's done!

·
Registered
54 Posts
GJ looks really clean. Something I'm thinking of doing that would also look good with what you got going theres is painting the mitsu symbols in the hubcaps black. I think it would compliment your black badging on the rear nicely!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like it! Are you planning to get the bigger spoiler?
nah..I'm ok with the base spoiler. I might go with a wingless trunk for daily driving and keep the wing for track....maybe. I'm startin' to appreciate the wing more though. It's not really that big of a deal. Still I get a lot of unwanted attention just because the car's new and it's instantly recognizable as an Evo X.

If I do go with a spare trunk I'll be looking for 'lip' spoiler be it white or black

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
nah..I'm ok with the base spoiler. I might go with a wingless trunk for daily driving and keep the wing for track....maybe. I'm startin' to appreciate the wing more though. It's not really that big of a deal. Still I get a lot of unwanted attention just because the car's new and it's instantly recognizable as an Evo X.

If I do go with a spare trunk I'll be looking for 'lip' spoiler be it white or black
Get the CF lip spoiler, I think it will look extra sexy on wicked white :D.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Teh question is who has one. New blank trunk is 500 bones from Mits new. It would be nice to find a used one. Paint would 150. Hopefully the spoiler won't be too much

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well Dino now you have me being all perfect. I gotta' sand mine down and do it better haha. This time Ill take my time, use blue painters tape and do 3 coats. I never do clear coats though. Every time I try to 'clear' something it automatically goes 'yellow'...every fricken time:p. Mine just passed the carwash test yesterday so maybe I don't need clear

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.