Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
wrong thread for you to whine in trick3d. pm Dino if you have any real grievances. youve been sniping away with your bs for quite some time now. in the said thread you were in, even the rest of the posters were wondering where your attitude was coming from. you deserved your time out. go with the flow, talk to Dino if you have to. just take a breath and relax a bit with your posts, you seem to a bee in your bonnet in most of your posts. you could always let your feet do the talking if you find this forum not suited to your outlook

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
link me to the racist or pedophile threads.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
You're aggressive like the exploding cucumber :wackoff:

The one that jizzes over everything.

And yes, on2it, he's right. He's clarifying in this thread where we asked what happened to him since he is literally the largest contributor to this thread and supporter of the Paleo idea albeit not through following the diet itself but his own common sense that seems to align itself with Paleo principles.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
^ Thanks ;) exactly.

Went to whole foods tonight and had a huge salad and broke down and had sushi :) at least it was brown rice.

What are you guys eating besides the standard Grain based items. I can't cut out rice, occasional bread and cookies.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Chicken by the pound

Tuna by the pound

Organic short grain whole brown rice

Broccoli

Raw spinach (organic baby spinach)

Smoothies (2 bananas, frozen cherries/strawberries/raspberries/pomegranate arils/blueberries, about 6-8 oz low acid orange juice, about 2-4 oz acai berry juice, two big ass scoops of strawberry whey protein - 48g protein) ... f'n delicious btw, could sell it at Jamba Juice and nobody would know the difference... I have 1-2 of these EVERY day

Eggs by the dozen

Then the rest of my diet is whatever... if the girlfriend cooks, if I cook for her, if we go out to eat, etc.

·
Registered
648 Posts
What are you guys eating besides the standard Grain based items. I can't cut out rice, occasional bread and cookies.
This week? An insane amount of cupcakes, Chicken broccoli scampi (sans broccoli since i ran out :(), pizza, and monster.

Not my best "healthy" week I'll admit, but it's exam week give me a break lol. Seriously though, I give you guys major props for doing this. I doubt I could give up ice cream for a week, let alone all the other crap I eat.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Honestly, William, if you get with the program long enough, you start not even liking that shit. I don't like sweets, let alone cupcakes... I can't eat a bag of fritos unless they're in some good ass hearty chili... I can't eat McDonalds, it doesn't even look/smell/taste good to me in the least bit nowadays.

Now Monster, on the other hand, must have cocaine in it because no matter what that shit'll be delicious. Original green and the yellow M80... fuck... it's even got this satisfying feeling when you drink it, like a really good beer.

I'm gonna have to splurge and get me a Monster soon... I forgot all about them until you showed up, thanks Billiam.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Yeah I suppress my sweet tooth about 80% I the time with fresh fruit. But then I'll go nuts on a cinnamon roll or some dessert. Meh

Frankiago,
That smoothie sounds amazing!!!! I want. Love fruit!!!!

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Beef jerky and cheese is the top of my food pyramid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I try and fallow the paleo decently close. It's extremely hard if you work, work out, and are active. I train MMA and try to maintain a decent diet. Eating similar to what is described in both the paleo and the zone diet, I eat very little sugars, processed grain and commercial raised meat sources. I work 10-12 hours a day and train MMA 2-3 hours a day. I have a cup of coffee in the AM, and no other sources of caffein through out the day. I feel phenomenal even after training and working all day. It's a great way to eat, you just gotta pick and choose what is going to work for you and your schedule.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
there's a fancy burger place in Atlanta that has a foie gras milkshake. and it's actually quite good! wrap your head around that

http://www.flipburgerboutique.com/menu-2/

btw, tried almond milk. not bad, tastes like nuts though ;) texture is a bit oily, too. i think i still prefer tit milk over nut milk.
I use it When i eat my cereal, kashi. I havent just straight up drank it. I like water for that ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
One thing to consider that I have not seen brought up yet and is the reason Paleo makes sense is the Omega 3, Omega 6 balance. The American diet contains about 40 times the amount of 6 vs. 3. This is a huge imbalance. It should be at 1 to 1. Now, grains are loaded with 6, which is acid to the body. I know they are both acids but how they react in the body is not what you may think. People raise the argument that the Japanes eat a huge amount of rice. True, but they also eat a ton of fish and greens. This creates a balance with 3 and 6.

Now, I love meat. Beef, it's whats for dinner. And I prefer the taste of grain fed beef. Problem is cows do not eat grain. They are fed grain. Cows eat grass. They are grain fed for a few reasons. 1, corn is cheaper than the cost of productio due to subsidized farmimg and 2, they get fatter faster. Grain fed beef generaly have all sorts of medical issues, hence the reason for antibiotics. I know, they can not be injected with them but they can be fed food that contains them. Ever see cows grazing in a corn field??

As for grains, think about this. All living organisms have one thing in common, Survive!

An example would go like this, animal eats a plum, pit and all. Pit is not digestable, animal takes a shit, hopefuly dropping the pit on some dirt and voila, a new potential plum tree. Now, lets take wheat, This is protected by a husk and chaf. Ingestion of this will potentialy tear the stomach lining. It is on purpose and is a defense mechanism for the wheat plant. Wheat has no chance of survival if it gets eaten. It will not come out the other end as seed. So, if you consume wheat and learn that it creates problems for you, you will eventually learn that eating it is not good for you and move on. This goes for all grains. Ever wonder why it is so hard to fully digest corn? You eat it and what comes out, fucking corn!!

I do my best to avoid grains. There is no evidence that the body needs them. Just like there is no evidencs that the body needs refined sugar. Actually, the Mayo clinic says it should be classified as a poison. Anyone with kids knows how bad sugar can effect kids.

So, in conclusion, I would lean more towards a Paleo way of eating as compared to anything else right now.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
One thing to consider that I have not seen brought up yet and is the reason Paleo makes sense is the Omega 3, Omega 6 balance. The American diet contains about 40 times the amount of 6 vs. 3. This is a huge imbalance. It should be at 1 to 1. Now, grains are loaded with 6, which is acid to the body. I know they are both acids but how they react in the body is not what you may think. People raise the argument that the Japanes eat a huge amount of rice. True, but they also eat a ton of fish and greens. This creates a balance with 3 and 6.

Now, I love meat. Beef, it's whats for dinner. And I prefer the taste of grain fed beef. Problem is cows do not eat grain. They are fed grain. Cows eat grass. They are grain fed for a few reasons. 1, corn is cheaper than the cost of productio due to subsidized farmimg and 2, they get fatter faster. Grain fed beef generaly have all sorts of medical issues, hence the reason for antibiotics. I know, they can not be injected with them but they can be fed food that contains them. Ever see cows grazing in a corn field??

As for grains, think about this. All living organisms have one thing in common, Survive!

An example would go like this, animal eats a plum, pit and all. Pit is not digestable, animal takes a shit, hopefuly dropping the pit on some dirt and voila, a new potential plum tree. Now, lets take wheat, This is protected by a husk and chaf. Ingestion of this will potentialy tear the stomach lining. It is on purpose and is a defense mechanism for the wheat plant. Wheat has no chance of survival if it gets eaten. It will not come out the other end as seed. So, if you consume wheat and learn that it creates problems for you, you will eventually learn that eating it is not good for you and move on. This goes for all grains. Ever wonder why it is so hard to fully digest corn? You eat it and what comes out, fucking corn!!

I do my best to avoid grains. There is no evidence that the body needs them. Just like there is no evidencs that the body needs refined sugar. Actually, the Mayo clinic says it should be classified as a poison. Anyone with kids knows how bad sugar can effect kids.

So, in conclusion, I would lean more towards a Paleo way of eating as compared to anything else right now.
I love you! This guy is spitting truth! You huuuuuuuuurd!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Good stuff. The biggest problems with grain is the OMEGA 6 FA's. They cause inflammation in the body. Combine that with high cholesterol and you get blocked arteries. If you eliminate OMEGA 6's, you don't need to be concerned with cholesterol. On a side note, you need cholesterol for a healthy CV system. There was a study done that showed a high percentage of people with heart attacks have another within a year because their doctor put them on LIPITOR or other statin which essentially dooms you to another heart attack.

CHOLESTEROL and FATS are not a problem if you avoid grains. This is why ADKINS works also. You get better blood results even though you are eating what is thought to be bad for you. No carbs, you will eliminate insulin sensitivity and blood sugar roller coastering allowing an increase in glucagon which burns fat. High Insulin wreaks havoc and leads to metabolic syndrome.

The PALEO diet is just a combo of other diets with their spin on the basis for it. Adkins, Mediterranean diets are also very similar. Low carb/no carb. This is just more of the same with some reasoning as to why you don't need grains.

GM foods are no joke and should be avoided. SOY especially. Most meat is grain fed which is a HUGE problem.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts