Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Soy is absolutely horrible for you.

If I see any protein mix with soy as a source of protein, I kill it with fire...

There's this cool protein jug I might try out that's called Carnivore by Muscle Meds... it's not whey or caseinate or soy... it's BEEF PROTEIN! RAWR!

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
I like that this is getting some good info and traction.

Men please stay away from soy. One of My best friends is a nanny and one of her clients mothers was ultra vegan and fed her son soy for about a year until he literally started lactating at age 4!! No joke or hyperbole.

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
I like that this is getting some good info and traction.

Men please stay away from soy. One of My best friends is a nanny and one of her clients mothers was ultra vegan and fed her son soy for about a year until he literally started lactating at age 4!! No joke or hyperbole.
wut?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Good stuff. The biggest problems with grain is the OMEGA 6 FA's. They cause inflammation in the body. Combine that with high cholesterol and you get blocked arteries. If you eliminate OMEGA 6's, you don't need to be concerned with cholesterol. On a side note, you need cholesterol for a healthy CV system. There was a study done that showed a high percentage of people with heart attacks have another within a year because their doctor put them on LIPITOR or other statin which essentially dooms you to another heart attack.

CHOLESTEROL and FATS are not a problem if you avoid grains. This is why ADKINS works also. You get better blood results even though you are eating what is thought to be bad for you. No carbs, you will eliminate insulin sensitivity and blood sugar roller coastering allowing an increase in glucagon which burns fat. High Insulin wreaks havoc and leads to metabolic syndrome.

The PALEO diet is just a combo of other diets with their spin on the basis for it. Adkins, Mediterranean diets are also very similar. Low carb/no carb. This is just more of the same with some reasoning as to why you don't need grains.

GM foods are no joke and should be avoided. SOY especially. Most meat is grain fed which is a HUGE problem.
This is right on. Omega 6 would not be such an issue if we have the same amount of Omega 3 in our diets. Unfortunately we do not. And as far as GMO goes, It should be avoided. In Europe if food is GMO it has to be labeled as such. That is why you don't see it there. I used to go to Italy for work and noticed that there are not many overweight people there, yet they eat a ton of grains. But they also eat a lot of fish and meat and olive oil. And most is not GMO.

One thing to note as well is cooking with oil. The best would be coconut oil as it does not have a tendency to oxidize and become toxic and rancid. It is a great high heat oil. This is also a problem in our diets. Most people cook with vegetable oil. Well, it's not vegetable oil at all. It's GMO soy bean oil. When I think about vegetables I don't think about soy beans. I think about, broccoli, zucchini, carrots etc. Not Soy beans.

And Fishtix, you can trust me. Trust me...

·
Registered
528 Posts
And on protein, Isolates are what you are looking for. Hemp. pea, whey etc. When considering whey make sure you only take whey that does not have recombinant bovine growth hormone or rBGH.

All of these additives in our food supply have an adverse effect on our immune system. Someone brought up inflammation and grains, this taxes the immune system.

I feed my dog a natural diet with no chemicals. I also make sure that he does not get shots unless he absolutely has to. He has never had fleas. This is becuase they are naturally resistive to fleas. It's not until you start to tax their immune system with chemicals that they become susceptible to disease and fleas. Ever watch a show on wolves or other wild animals? Do you ever see them scratching and gnawing at their fur?? Didn't think so. It's becuase they are eating a natural diet without chemicals and thus a strong immune system.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Jordantii what is your health background. Good point on the COCONUT oil. Try popping some popcorn with it. VERY GOOD.

There is also new research showing the use of coconut oil can reverse the effects of dementia/Alzheimers. Very potent fatty acids and as mentioned very stable oil under high heat conditions.

Olive oil is also a good choice, but can't take the heat quite as well.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2012/January/Coconut-Oil-Touted-as-Alzheimers-Remedy/

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Jordantii what is your health background. Good point on the COCONUT oil. Try popping some popcorn with it. VERY GOOD.

There is also new research showing the use of coconut oil can reverse the effects of dementia/Alzheimers. Very potent fatty acids and as mentioned very stable oil under high heat conditions.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2012/January/Coconut-Oil-Touted-as-Alzheimers-Remedy/
I also use the Coconut husks as part of my home vegetable garden for starter pots, and mulch. Its a great medium.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
So my good friends parents own about 1000 acres in Montana where they raise grass fed beef and Yak :) The yak are very lean to begin with not to mention they are grass fed. They are bringing back,to Socal, about a 1000lbs in April. I will deff be grabbing about 50-100lbs from my friends.

·
Registered
528 Posts

I don't have a background in health. I have done a lot of research and experimenting. So I know what works and what does not. It's actually easy. Eat something and then see how you feel after you eat it. If I eat wheat, I will literally pass out 20-30 minutes after i eat it. But if I eat wheat and have a high level of fish oil, Omega 3 in my system, wheat has virtually no effect on my body. I still stay away from it.

I do take Omega 3 supplements. Omega 3 and 6 is not produced by the body but is very necessary so you have to get it from food or supplements. I wish I liked salmon, but I don't.

I have popped with coconut oil, it's great. But again I try and stay awy from corn as well.

I eat a lot of vegetables, mostly leafy green, fruit and meat. I do cheat now and again. What I have found out is I can control my weight and how I feel with what I eat.

Problem many people have is with the liver. It can get very toxic processing all the sugars and chemicals in our diet. This taxes the liver to no end.

If you were to eliminate just one thing from you diet and only one thing, it would have to be refined sugars, then gluten and dairy. Milk is bad for you long term, especially now with rBGH. So if there is one thing you want to make sure is organic it would be milk/dairy. Think about it. The human body is the only body on earth that drinks another bodies milk. Cows milk is meant for baby cows, with 4 stomachs. It is a huge molecule that is very difficult to digest.

I could keep going. But I think common sense works when it comes to what we eat.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
^well put.
Im thinking of going gluten free. Any ideas on where to purchase gluten free rice? as well as Gluten free and GMO free cereal? I know kashi is GMO free but not sure about gluten :(

Never mind I found that Trader Joes carries gluten free rice. The cereal is an impossibility pretty much :) haha.

I guess the problem I run into, is to abide by Gluten free and non GMO.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I don't have a background in health. I have done a lot of research and experimenting. So I know what works and what does not. It's actually easy. Eat something and then see how you feel after you eat it. If I eat wheat, I will literally pass out 20-30 minutes after i eat it. But if I eat wheat and have a high level of fish oil, Omega 3 in my system, wheat has virtually no effect on my body. I still stay away from it.

I do take Omega 3 supplements. Omega 3 and 6 is not produced by the body but is very necessary so you have to get it from food or supplements. I wish I liked salmon, but I don't.

I have popped with coconut oil, it's great. But again I try and stay awy from corn as well.

I eat a lot of vegetables, mostly leafy green, fruit and meat. I do cheat now and again. What I have found out is I can control my weight and how I feel with what I eat.

Problem many people have is with the liver. It can get very toxic processing all the sugars and chemicals in our diet. This taxes the liver to no end.

If you were to eliminate just one thing from you diet and only one thing, it would have to be refined sugars, then gluten and dairy. Milk is bad for you long term, especially now with rBGH. So if there is one thing you want to make sure is organic it would be milk/dairy. Think about it. The human body is the only body on earth that drinks another bodies milk. Cows milk is meant for baby cows, with 4 stomachs. It is a huge molecule that is very difficult to digest.

I could keep going. But I think common sense works when it comes to what we eat.
You kill me. You know more than 99% of MD's on the subject!

Very good intuition on your part and right on with the liver!!

If most people would get their liver enzymes checked, they would have a rude awakening. All the chemicals in our food really cause a backup with breakdown in our livers. Since it is the fat burning organ, many times it relates to weight gain due to inefficiency from being plugged up.

Chronic inflammation is probably the cause of about 90% of all disease.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You kill me. You know more than 99% of MD's on the subject!

Very good intuition on your part and right on with the liver!!

If most people would get their liver enzymes checked, they would have a rude awakening. All the chemicals in our food really cause a backup with breakdown in our livers. Since it is the fat burning organ, many times it relates to weight gain due to inefficiency from being plugged up.

Chronic inflammation is probably the cause of about 90% of all disease.
All of this info is readily available. MD's are good for some things. But when it comes to diet and nutrition they are lacking a lot of the truth. There is not a lot of money in teaching you to eat right. Unless of course you are selling the food.

I agree with you on the liver too. Instead of treating the caues of disease, MD's want to generally treat symptoms until it gets to far out of hand then they tell you to cut down on certain things.

Don't get me started on salt being bad for you. Another myth.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57321659-10391704/cutting-back-salt-may-be-worse-for-heart-health-study/

Yep the salt study just came out. This was from sodium sensitivity studies and high blood pressure 40 years ago. Maybe 15% of people are sodium sensitive for HBP. As a secondary of this great wisdom, people gave up good ole MORTONS IODIZED salt. Since most don't eat any sort of seafood regularly, there has been an epidemic of thyroid issues for decades now due to iodine deficiency. Not to mention that IODINE is considered part of the breast cancer and prostate cancer cure. Then they wonder why breast cancer is so prevalent.

http://breastcancerchoices.org/iodine.html

I use a product called PROLAMINE IODINE. Very high dose.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Here is my take on the diet. K.I.S.S!! Keep it simple stupid. Forget pills and supplements and all that. Only fresh natural organic food found in the wild.

Breakfast:
Egg and bowl of fruit

Lunch:
Salad of actual healthy greens
Escarole, Chicory, Collard and Mustard Greens, Bok Choy
Tomatoes, Peppers, Cucumbers

Dinner:
Protein and vegetables
Steak and broccoli, Chicken and carrots, Salmon and snap peas

Snack:
Nuts, seeds and berries

Drink:
Water or organic fruit juice

No breads, pastas, milk, soy or anything else thats processed. If you cant find it in the wild you cant eat it. Duritos dont grow on trees.

The problem I have is the high price of organic meats. If I followed this diet I would probably cut down eating meats from all 7 days a week to 2 or 3 days a week to save money. But thats probably a good thing health wise.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #157 (Edited)
Only one theoretical problem with your K.I.S.S. diet... Some of the aforementioned foods were not naturally designed as consumables. If you think about certain nuts like peanuts, you are eating that plant's lifeline. That is how the plant self sustains. Fruits are perfect examples of the exact opposite. They were meant to be consumed because the seed is durable enough to make it though the digestive tract whole and may grow out of the free fertilizer (poop). Given that, it is in the plant's best interest to provide food for the animal helping it reproduce by providing delicious nutrition. Peanuts, on the other hand, don't want animals consuming because that undermines their purpose of reproducing. It is then theorized that certain poisons are inherently in these types of foods to disrupt the animal's (our) stomachs to make that animal think twice before eating again. In our Paleo case this is magnified with the gluten and lectin studies and the links to diseases.

You won't find such defense mechanisms in meat because their defense relies on them staying alive. Whereas a plant can have half of it chewed off and make it out alive to regrow, if a gazelle gets a hind leg ripped off it is pretty much done for, so the defense mechanism is running like mad cray to get away.

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
n trees.

The problem I have is the high price of organic meats. If I followed this diet I would probably cut down eating meats from all 7 days a week to 2 or 3 days a week to save money. But thats probably a good thing health wise.
Lets not forget all the lost mod monies. lol.

KickAss: Hey Malves85, I thought you were ketting that Akrapovic Ti Exhaust
Malves85: Nah Man, I gotta buy organic peanuts and shit. So I just got the Megan Mild Steel Exhaust for 300. :rock:

See.....how sad!

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Lets not forget all the lost mod monies. lol.

KickAss: Hey Malves85, I thought you were ketting that Akrapovic Ti Exhaust
Malves85: Nah Man, I gotta buy organic peanuts and shit. So I just got the Megan Mild Steel Exhaust for 300. :rock:

See.....how sad!
Nah peanuts are not healthy and raw almonds are not too bad.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Malves85: Kickass how come you dont have that bitchin' turbo kit yet?
Kickass: Because I have to buy a cornish game hen and endive salad. Its absolutely pronounced endive.

Who likes peanuts anyway. I'm a brazil nut fan. If I have to downgrade my exhaust its going to be for a whole crop of brazil nuts.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts