Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to apologize for the n00b question. I was just looking under the hood on how to change light bulbs and do regular maintenance on the car. I was reading in the manual that you can pull up and out the passenger side reservoir just behind the headlight to clear some room if one ever needs to replace the headlight bulb. I went on to try it and pulled it out. I then noticed that out of the rubber hoses that goes in/out of the reservoir, the one leading to the back of the car connects to nothing. It just hangs there. I thought I yanked it out too quickly but I didn't see anything other tube or piping to connect it to. If anyone can help me verify this, it would be most appreciated and would help me sleep tonight :D

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Is it a long hose? Sometimes coolant reservoirs have a breather tube to help equalize pressure inside the tank and also to allow for it to overflow if you ever have too much coolant in the system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.