Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I will pass emissions if I have a tune that disables the rear O2 sensor?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Im wondering if you really believe there is enough information in this post for us to help you. Mods? Type of inspection for your area? Favorite color?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do the emissions test by connecting the car to a computer, dont know what the test is called. Dont really think it matters what mods I have cause I dont have a testpipe on my car.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
I think it will say "Not Ready" when they plug in, but some guy made a fix for it to trick it into telling them it's good to go. Search for that shit, I just saw it a few days ago so it's a topic with fairly recent discussion.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

(aka, please go find it yourself)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks, I think I will just stay under 5000 and get an exemption sticker then.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
They do the emissions test by connecting the car to a computer, dont know what the test is called. Dont really think it matters what mods I have cause I dont have a testpipe on my car.
Test pipes are mods. Thats exactly what I was asking. Many places dont do the sniffer check, in AZ, GA, and NC for example the most you will get is a check engine light check. If it doesnt come on you pass. On the other hand in CA there are intakes that will cause you to fail. See what they do up your way.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Test pipes are mods. Thats exactly what I was asking. Many places dont do the sniffer check, in AZ, GA, and NC for example the most you will get is a check engine light check. If it doesnt come on you pass. On the other hand in you are in CA there are intakes that will cause you to fail. See what they do up your way.
Mass' state inspection will fail you for any disabled or not ready sensors thru the ecu. The state does not do any actual exhaust emission inspection.

Op, please post the thread if you find it. I'm fat, old, lazy and terrible at searches. I love free fish.

Edit: damn babygurl, you were all over that.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In PA they dont do the sniffer test. I have a HFC tuned with AP by AMS.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I went to Jiffy Lube per instructions from a local performance shop. He said they'll basically pass anything as long as you're not throwing codes but do not let them "test drive" your car under any circumstances since it's usually kids that work at these places.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Test pipes are mods. Thats exactly what I was asking. Many places dont do the sniffer check, in AZ, GA, and NC for example the most you will get is a check engine light check. If it doesnt come on you pass. On the other hand in CA there are intakes that will cause you to fail. See what they do up your way.
Arizona (AZ) still uses mirrors and looks under the car for obvious exhaust mods for OBD-2 vehicles. They do not look under the hood normally. No CAT on visual is auto fail.

They also still check the fuel tank and gas cap for leakage. Your car will still fail if the cap or fuel system has unacceptable leaks.

They do not so tailpipe readings on ODB2 vehicles. They check the computer for codes (any = fail), check to se that the emissions/OBD2 warning lamp is operative (if not, = fail), and they check for the OBD2 Ready signal on all systems.

If any code, lamp not working or not Ready, it fails. Generally, if there's no codes and it's just not Ready, they'll send you on your way to dirve for ~50 miles and to come back for a retest.

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,794 Posts
Im still having issues with my state inspection. We dissable o2 rear sensor bcuz I mess it up when i was replacing my CAT:(, Now it fail cuz emission (state computer says "NOT READY") I dont want to spend 300$ for a sensor :(

today I spoke with a guy that knows ppl that might pass it but he said this year the state have change a few laws. No one is taking the risk to pass you bcuz they will get a ticket from the state and they will ticket me too. :( Fuck :(

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Im still having issues with my state inspection. We dissable o2 rear sensor bcuz I mess it up when i was replacing my CAT:(, Now it fail cuz emission (state computer says "NOT READY") I dont want to spend 300$ for a sensor :(

today I spoke with a guy that knows ppl that might pass it but he said this year the state have change a few laws. No one is taking the risk to pass you bcuz they will get a ticket from the state and they will ticket me too. :( Fuck :(
Weren't YOU the one who linked the how-to on fixing this issue? Wtf has this world come to...?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.