Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have AGP dual oil catch can set up with intake manifold and air intake capped off, both catch cans are vta, is it a good idea to gut the pcv valve or just keep the oem pcv valve

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Keep it. I believe to remove it tuning is in order.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep it. I believe to remove it tuning is in order.
Why would you need to re tune for a PCV delete?

To Op, instead of gutting the valve, just buy the delete fitting that driven fab makes.

https://www.driven-fabrication.com/...roducts-evo-x/products/evo-x-10an-pcv-fitting
https://www.driven-fabrication.com/...ducts-evo-x/products/evo-x-pcv-delete-fitting
what is pro and con of getting a pcv delete, since nothing is going back to the intake mani and air intake. l

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Without the crankcase breathing to help draw combustion byproducts out of the crankcase, you will need to change your engine oil MUCH more often. Like 1000 miles max (if this is a street car)

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I just remember reading about requiring to tune after installing a breather system.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just remember reading about requiring to tune after installing a breather system.
Hmm, I have not heard of this, as the crank case should not be metered air...

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I'll ask Baka about this tomorrow. And report. Or ask him to report.

·
Registered
2017 Audi RS3 Stage 2 Unitronic Tune 93 Octane
1,943 Posts
Without the crankcase breathing to help draw combustion byproducts out of the crankcase, you will need to change your engine oil MUCH more often. Like 1000 miles max (if this is a street car)
So adding this PCV delete oil will need to be changed every 1000 miles? These are normally only used on bigger turbo running more boost cars?

·
Registered
393 Posts
resurrect this thread. Interested in the Baka response

·
Registered
2 Posts
I deleted my PCV and the revs seem to have gone a bit higher to like 1.3 to 1.5 on idle and 2 on breaking or when releasing the accelerator. But the car is is more responsive to the acceleration than before

1 - 12 of 12 Posts