Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So any non factory film
Is illegal in PA but
What is everyone riding around with in PA? note I live in Pittsburgh if lcoals have comments. My old car had 35 all the way around but my car is a cop magnet enough now with my exhaust and wing. Just wanted to see if anyone has any input

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
365 Posts
30% all around on all my cars iv had tinted.. no problems.. tho yes its illegal, they tend to not bother you if you dont go too dark.

**my sig pic looks darker then it really is.. I can show u a better picture if u want.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have had 20% on all my cars since I turned 16. The only time I had an issue was when I got pulled over for speeding at 17yr old and instead of a speeding ticket i got a citation for the tints. Had 20% all around on my Evo VIII and i had that when I was going to Pitt and now 20% on my Evo X and haven't had issues yet here in Philly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Get 20% all around, you can still see at night. Take the Wing off your EVO and go wingless. Youll get pulled over A LOT less! I live in So-Cal so i have the same problem with Exhuast and Tint. Also, if possible just drive with the windows down if the weather permits. At night with 20%, you might have to drive with the window down at times depending on the neighborhood.

·
Registered
888 Posts
woot! fellow steelers fan!

ive never heard of anyone from that area encountering many problems for tint. worst case scenario its a fix it ticket and as long as you get it removed it shouldnt cost you anything. most quality tint places will have a warranty of some kind

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have had 20% on all my cars since I turned 16. The only time I had an issue was when I got pulled over for speeding at 17yr old and instead of a speeding ticket i got a citation for the tints. Had 20% all around on my Evo VIII and i had that when I was going to Pitt and now 20% on my Evo X and haven't had issues yet here in Philly.
Your around West Chester???

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get 20% all around, you can still see at night. Take the Wing off your EVO and go wingless. Youll get pulled over A LOT less! I live in So-Cal so i have the same problem with Exhuast and Tint. Also, if possible just drive with the windows down if the weather permits. At night with 20%, you might have to drive with the window down at times depending on the neighborhood.
I paid for my cf wing. I will not be taking it off. Anyone ever see 50%? how does that look

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
Yes PA is lame with tint laws its like 70%

I had 40% on my charger and it took me 3 years to get pulled over in PA for tint

·
Registered
509 Posts
40% is like barely anything. My windows are 20% and I can see through them in broad daylight. If they're going to pull you over for 40%, they might as well pull you over and ticket you for wearing sunglasses (which my sunglasses are ~20%).

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And my whole interior is blacked out. Headliner, fake CF is now black suede, a,b,c pillars, lights, sun visors. Black on black on black on black ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've heard anything up to about 35% is ok. Unfortunately some Twps. make their own rules and try and enforce rules that they think exist.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts