Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I've seen two differnt tunes from a 'well known' So-Cal tuner that was only block tuning, just sad. I personally don't have the balls to possibly f-up someone else shit, but come on???
I meet a guy at Big Willow 2 weeks whose tuner said to him "I didn't touch your fuel map, but between how rich the stock map is and the cooling nature of e85, you SHOULD BE OK". Just scary :wtfsign:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've seen two differnt tunes from a 'well known' So-Cal tuner that was only block tuning, just sad. I personally don't have the balls to possibly f-up someone else shit, but come on???
I meet a guy at Big Willow 2 weeks whose tuner said to him "I didn't touch your fuel map, but between how rich the stock map is and the cooling nature of e85, you SHOULD BE OK". Just scary :wtfsign:
Would you mind defining "block" tuning. Because these cars aren't the old 8/9 and have actual MAF tables to properly calibrate airflow.

please see attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'll post up pics of my current maps when I go to SSP in a few weeks for a retune. I got my car tuned by some guys here in Louisiana who didn't know what the hell they were doing. I've been driving the car like an old lady so it doesn't go kaboom. I expect the maps they pull off of my AP to look something like those... or worse.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll post up pics of my current maps when I go to SSP in a few weeks for a retune. I got my car tuned by some guys here in Louisiana who didn't know what the hell they were doing. I've been driving the car like an old lady so it doesn't go kaboom. I expect the maps they pull off of my AP to look something like those... or worse.
please dont
i posted maps that are NON specific. No one knows where it came from

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Would you mind defining "block" tuning. Because these cars aren't the old 8/9 and have actual MAF tables to properly calibrate airflow.
For timing and MIVEC (MIVEC is passable, cuz they just throw in the JDM maps, but not an actual custom tune).
I know what you mean about airflow, I've spent the last few months trying several experiments. I for one don't believe the whole "Fuel Map is a plus/minus switch" theory that is running around here. To me that means you didn't take the time to do this:
[/IMG]
Combine this with an accurate MAF and you have as close to correct VE's as I know how to get with our ECU's.
Which allows my fuel map to be similar to the one you posted above (i.e. accurately matched to your VE). But instead of all one value (i.e. 11.5) I actually have spool-up values.
Here's an example of an old one, although it's been re-worked several times since then:
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Plus I looked at the "custom tuned" maps, completely stock MAP w/ re-scaled MAF. No way they could have accurate Fuel that looked like:
13 13 13 13 12 12 12 12 11 11
13 13 12 12 12 12 11 11 11 10 110
13 12 12 11 11 11 11 10 10 10
(I can't find the actual image file, I'm at work, but you get what I mean)
The reason I looked is the guy whose car it was complained about how bad his fuel logs were.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For timing and MIVEC (MIVEC is passable, cuz they just throw in the JDM maps, but not an actual custom tune).
I know what you mean about airflow, I've spent the last few months trying several experiments. I for one don't believe the whole "Fuel Map is a plus/minus switch" theory that is running around here. To me that means you didn't take the time to do this:
[/IMG]
Combine this with an accurate MAF and you have as close to correct VE's as I know how to get with our ECU's.
Which allows my fuel map to be like the one you posted above (i.e. accurately matched to your VE).
thats not really how those maps work though.....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Depends on your set-up, this is matched to actual load/airflow for my MIVEC/Boost Curves. Definitely can't be a one size fits all. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you (not that map, trying that style). I have one last aspect I need to nail down, then I was going to make a post as to how I went about it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
please dont
i posted maps that are NON specific. No one knows where it came from
I'm not talking about SSP. I'm going to SSP to have them FIX my tune. Actually, they'll just scrap it because I'm going open source now.

He was referring to posting maps from "some guys here in Louisiana"

...unless you think that's too descriptive...
:yeahthat:

How many evo tuners are in Louisiana?
I can say with 100% certainty: NONE. :slaphead:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.