Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE A STROKED ENGINE. Do you often throw a P0300 code around idle?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it appears that a common issue with a stroker motor is a P0300 at or near idle.

I have a hunch that since the pistons will accelerate/decelerate faster with a longer stroke, that it will be more likely to trip the "limit" that is designed for a stock stroke and throw a misfire code. But first, I want to see what percentage of guys running stroker setups have this issue.

Please only vote on this poll if you have a stroker setup.

Related discussion thread: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67682

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Interesting thought, I would still think its more the clutch noise like we've been seeing but who knows. I thought mine was clutch noise but with Baka's tune I haven't seen it ever.

·
Vendor
543 Posts
Nothing yet, but it could be disabled in my tune I'd have to check

·
Vendor
543 Posts
I do not see a p0300 disable

·
Vendor
543 Posts
52680022, which by the way, I used to have Tephramods (52680122) but I seem to have lost them? lol Is there a way to change the internal ID for a .hex?

·
[E-Tuner]
15,922 Posts
52680022, which by the way, I used to have Tephramods (52680122) but I seem to have lost them? lol Is there a way to change the internal ID for a .hex?
Not sure about changing the internal ID, but you can just copy and paste your maps from the 0022 ROM to the 0122 ROM.

Do you need the tephramod definition as well?

·
Vendor
543 Posts
No I've got that, but I dont see a p0300 disable in there?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.