Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just put a japspeed exhaust system,blitz dump valve and blitz air intake on my car,for some reason when i accelerate hard now the cars engine managment light comes on aswell as the ASC off light, this makes the car drive terible but if i turn it off and restart it seems ok,has any1 got any suggestions or have experianced a simalar problem? thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
The blow off valve that dumps into the atmosphere without a tune seems to be a problem with a stock ecu map. Does Blitz have a heatshield? I would do a boost leak test. ;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Does your car have a tune? Any other mods done to it? Etc post more info and more people will be able to help you out.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Had this exact issue last week. Never happened before but after I shut the car down and restarted it everything was back to normal, I'm running full vta on my bov though so I just assumed that was the issue. Waiting on new valve to come in so I can recirculate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the car has no more mods to it, some 1 has told me that because i have a sports hi flo cat in the new system this could be causing the problem and yea also the BOV sounds like it could be a issue to. does it need to be a reserculating one or does it not matter.also does any1 think it will need remapping because of the new exhaust system? yea there is a heat sheild on the intake but ive got the standard intake system back on now and the problem is still accuring.thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
could be caused by the hi-flow cat but not sure. I had a CEL come on about 5kms when i went with a resinated tp, had to get my buddy with evo scan to turn the sensor off. But it never caused issues with the driveability of the car.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Check the vendors on this site for an o2 spacer to put on your high flow cat. It will get the check engine light off your dash. The light wouldnt cause any driveability issues so I would have to agree its the BOV. Aftermarket ones arent needed unless you are pushing some serious boost so I would just toss the stock one back on.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
ive just put a japspeed exhaust system,blitz dump valve and blitz air intake on my car,for some reason when i accelerate hard now the cars engine managment light comes on aswell as the ASC off light, this makes the car drive terible but if i turn it off and restart it seems ok,has any1 got any suggestions or have experianced a simalar problem? thanks
Your ECU measures the amount of air going through the MAF sensor, if you re-route that air the ECU triggers a limit fault code. You can tune it out or recirculate to stop the issue. I suggest you recirculate for better performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the repleys, put my standard valve back on today and all is good,can now put my foot down without dashboard lights flashing at me,only thing is now there is less noise coming from the front i can hear clicking/tapping noises every time i tap the throttle. its only a faint noise but not sure if there is a problem somewhere? any sugestions? thanks

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
either your stock boost controller clicking, your 3 port clicking, or something loose.

·
Registered
706 Posts
did the Blitz intake replace the stock turbo inlet?
if so check the clearence of the bov with the strut tower bar might be hitting when motor rev's, my AEM inlet has that issue kinda sounds like clicking / chiming noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts