Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 ww MR

okay, my car is a daily driver and im not gonna do any serious or agressive driving. so far i have done AMS intercooler pipings, HKS SQV3 BOV, and AEM cold air intake system.

i ordered more parts just about an hour ago and would just like to get some opinions.

parts comming in:
- Megan stainless steel header
- CNT racing high flow 3 inch catted downpipe
- CNT racing RS 3'' catback exhaust w/ burnt tips

Future mod:
- Apexi turbo timer
- Apexi turbo timer harness
- all hood vents and fender vents carbon fiber
- carbon fiber lip

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
That Megan piece, while being rather cheap in quality, will actually hurt your spool on a stock turbo. It's not needed until you upgrade to a larger stock frame turbo.

The exhaust is good.

You will not need a turbo timer or harness. Our cars don't need them and it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
-cancel the order for the exhaust mani
-nice exhaust
-get an intake, and upper piping.
-i wouldnt get the apexi shit, get a pro tune with a 3-port

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
+5

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Megan piece, while being rather cheap in quality, will actually hurt your spool on a stock turbo. It's not needed until you upgrade to a larger stock frame turbo.

The exhaust is good.

You will not need a turbo timer or harness. Our cars don't need them and it's a waste of money.
iv had megan headers on a few of my previous car. i actually visually inspected the qaulity and i thought it looked good. like i said its my daily driver and not meant to be driven hard at all. what other brand of headers do you recomend?

-cancel the order for the exhaust mani
-nice exhaust
-get an intake, and upper piping.
-i wouldnt get the apexi shit, get a pro tune with a 3-port
i already have the the intake and piping. and good call on the 3 port i was looking at that.

what do you guys think with the mods soo far how much in hp and tq i would be looking at?

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I recommend no manifold. You don't need one unless you go to a big turbo. Just wait on it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recommend no manifold. You don't need one unless you go to a big turbo. Just wait on it.
alright i guess i may hold off on the header for now. but another guy on the forum i think his name is pmbaby24, he has megan headers and said it made nice gains.

i hear pros and cons on everything im researching up:slaphead:

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
He's on an upgraded turbo. That's when it's necessary.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i see. well if anything i will ditch the header and return it. but for now my fingers are crossed and hoping for the best. wish me luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
2011 ww MR

okay, my car is a daily driver and im not gonna do any serious or agressive driving. so far i have done AMS intercooler pipings, HKS SQV3 BOV, and AEM cold air intake system.

i ordered more parts just about an hour ago and would just like to get some opinions.

parts comming in:
- Megan stainless steel header
- CNT racing high flow 3 inch catted downpipe
- CNT racing RS 3'' catback exhaust w/ burnt tips

Future mod:
- Apexi turbo timer
- Apexi turbo timer harness
- all hood vents and fender vents carbon fiber
- carbon fiber lip
I also have a 2011 mr only mod is the aem cai what do you think the best mod you put on so far ????

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
oh i see. well if anything i will ditch the header and return it. but for now my fingers are crossed and hoping for the best. wish me luck
in the future, contact "full Race Jon" on here and he will hook you up with the best US made exhaust manifold on the market. (cbrd makes a good one too)

The only other ones that compare are JUN and Cosworth and they will run you into the thousands.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also have a 2011 mr only mod is the aem cai what do you think the best mod you put on so far ????
the best mod i put on so far... thats a hard question to answer lol

in the future, contact "full Race Jon" on here and he will hook you up with the best US made exhaust manifold on the market. (cbrd makes a good one too)

The only other ones that compare are JUN and Cosworth and they will run you into the thousands.
pricing? be great if they are under $700 how much would JUN run me and would it fit the stock turbo?

^MAP makes a good mani as well.
im open to any good recommendation

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Turbo timer isnt necessary. One, because its water cooled, two because you wont be doing any aggressive driving, which begs the question why you're modding at all. No purpose what so ever in pulling more horses if youre keep em in the stable.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Turbo timer isnt necessary. One, because its water cooled, two because you wont be doing any aggressive driving, which begs the question why you're modding at all. No purpose what so ever in pulling more horses if youre keep em in the stable.
i do some hard pulls and only go to drag tracks once in a while

get intercooler piping.
got thats already as my first mod :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts