Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale:
2008 Evo X GSR – Base Model (lightest weight available)
Phantom Black
15,900 miles
1 owner
Clean Carfax
Adult Driven Only
Babied, Never Launched, Never Tracked, Never Driven in Snow
Mostly Garaged
Northern California
VIN JA3AW86V28U049210
$33,000 obo

History:
I test drove an Evo X in late 2008 and fell in love. I searched out a Phantom Black, base model GSR and found this one at a dealership with only 8 miles on it. I drove it home a week later. As a robotics engineer, I enjoy building electromechanical systems. So, I started tuning the car immediately, and added basic bolt-ons for more power. After hitting the limits of the stock turbo, I decided to go big or go home. So, at 8k miles, I professionally rebuilt the engine to add forged internals, cams, and more, then sent the trans off to Jack’s to have the diff pins improved and shifter fork oiling grooves added. After building a custom T3 setup with a PT6262, the car was doing over 500whp on 91 octane. After a year of this, I was annoyed by the lag, and decided to move back to a “stock appearing” look with an FP Green. This setup proved to be perfect for my desired daily driving, with switchable maps for 91 and e85.

The car is in EXCELLENT working condition, and looks PERFECT minus one small door ding on the rear passenger side. It contains almost $20,000 in professional mods. The appearance inside and out is completely stock, and you cannot tell by looking under the hood that it is putting out over 400whp on e85. The exhaust note is fantastic due to the electronic cutout within the Varex muffler. If you close it, the car sounds like stock, but when open it roars. This Evo will treat you well for years to come. As life has become increasingly busy, I’m ready to move on to a car that my wife and I can enjoy without the constant interest in tweaking that last tune, or changing that last part. It’s finally time.. for the GT-R. ;)

Modifications:
AGP FMIC, UICP, LICP
Crushed Stock BOV
Cobb Intake Tube (Black)
HKS Panel Air Filter
Ported and Polished Stock Exhaust Manifold
FP Green, PnP
AMS Widemouth Downpipe
Mil Spec 100 Cell Cat
Maperformance 3" Exhaust with Varex Muffler
Perrin 3-Port
Buschur Spec JE Pistons
Cosworth Bearings
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
ARP Mains, Rod Bolts
Kelford 214B Cams, Springs
ACT Xtreme Pressure Plate, Street Disc
AMS Master Cylinder Ring
Jack's Trans Performance Rebuild (Diff Pins, Bearings, Oil Grooves)
Walbro 255 Fuelpump
Deatschwerks 1000cc Injectors
AMI Gauge Pod
LC-1 Wideband Installed with Gauge
ProSport Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Boost Gauges
AMS Small Battery Kit
HKS Turbo Timer
Ecuflash Tuned with Switchable 91oct and e85
BRAND NEW Conti-Extreme DWS Tires on Stock Rims

Extra Parts:
SteedSpeed T3 Exhaust Manifold
Custom 3” Downpipe for T3
PTE 46mm Wastegate
PT6262 Turbo with Oil Lines
Custom 3” Intake for T3, Cone Filter
Buschur Double Pumper

Visual Mods:
Perrin Shorty Antenna
OTHERWISE COMPLETELY STOCK APPEARING

Attachments

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
So it's fully built including transmission, and has an FP green, but you never launched it? I find that a bit disappointing, or hard to believe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it's fully built including transmission, and has an FP green, but you never launched it? I find that a bit disappointing, or hard to believe.
I don't drag race ever, so I've got no reason to launch it. Launching just does a lot of unnecessary shock loading, and it roasts your clutch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bump!

Make me an offer that I can't refuse..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Price lowered to $30,000.

If it doesn't sell, then I'm converting as much as possible back to stock and trading it in. Anyone want the car for a bargain, or want the aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last chance! $28K

Or, this weekend I'm taking off the mods and going to stock for trade-in.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It took all weekend, but I just converted it back to stock (mostly). The cams, FP green, ported exhaust manifold, and forged internals stay with the car. It is back on a stock tune now and feels like the original but with about 30% more power from the internal mods. It's awesome!

If you are interested in any of the parts from my parts list, PM me. When I get some time, I will post them.

This is the last chance to buy the car before it gets traded in... $26,000 will take it! You'll get a beautiful California Evo X with 17,500 miles, a built engine, FP Green, Kelford 214B cams, ported exhaust manifold, and everything else stock. It is super clean.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It took all weekend, but I just converted it back to stock (mostly).
You selling the old parts. I'd be interested in the AMS DP

This is the last chance to buy the car before it gets traded in... $26,000 will take it! You'll get a beautiful California Evo X with 17,500 miles, a built engine, FP Green, Kelford 214B cams, ported exhaust manifold, and everything else stock. It is super clean.
Insane deal! GLWS!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car is sold!

How can I retire the thread or is something the moderators do?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.