Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a Phantom Black GSR yet? Thinking about changing my order from an MR to a GSR and would really like to keep that color. In my searches so far, no one seems to have one, but it is listed as an optional color for the GSR.

Thx.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Now that you mention it, all the pics I've seen of the PB color have been MRs. But you are right that it appears to be available in Canada.

Did see a pic of one from Quebec:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Even though it’s an option now, a lot of the smaller dealership don’t even know it, or don’t have the option to have it order yet.
Here in Minneosta, we only have 5 dealerships. I call everyone asking about the PB
all but one dealership said they can order one for me. I had to let them know the order code myself. I have since picked up a WW-X but will leave the deposit there,I know a few friends that will be picking up a X ,and im sure one of them will want the Black.

Just make sure when you order, the U02 color code is in your order.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds about right. I'm not sure that the dealers knew they could order it OR it appeared as an option AFTER the initial order of Evos.

That would explain why there doesn't appear to be any in stock. You would think that they would have ordered at least a few PB cars otherwise. Right?

:shades:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a PB GSR on order too....build date is supposed to be March 22, so I'm looking at mid-April delivery. Originally only the MR was to be in PB but since the MR is pushed back to 2009 they decided to make the GSR in PB. Limited run though and I wouldn't expect the GSR to be available in PB next year. Test drove a red one tonight...

:rock:

·
Registered
28 Posts
According to my dealer, Moore Mitsubishi here in St. Louis, they are slated for "sometime this fall", and as such will be labeled 2009 models, released somewhat early for an '09. There will be no 2008 MRs. Just passing on what I was told, sorry if I was misunderstood.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tough to get the straight dope, huh Chris?
It is. Everyone has a different story, but being the more cynical type, I'm more inclined to believe that it's later than earlier. I wanted the MR too, but not only will I get mine 6 months before any MRs are out, but I won't be dealing with the potential headaches of the SST. Plus, I'll be saving 5 grand which I'm more than happy to spend to get this baby up to around 400awhp...

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
It is. Everyone has a different story, but being the more cynical type, I'm more inclined to believe that it's later than earlier. I wanted the MR too, but not only will I get mine 6 months before any MRs are out, but I won't be dealing with the potential headaches of the SST. Plus, I'll be saving 5 grand which I'm more than happy to spend to get this baby up to around 400awhp...
I think most people will wait if Mitsubishi proposed these 2 options to their MR customers.

1. You can get the MR now but it is not perfected yet.

2. Wait 6 months so we can perfect this technology.

I sure as hell would wait even thought I really really really want a MR.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.