·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was my first time doing a track day. First session 1:50 but I only got 1 clean lap. Was held up. Amazed some people wouldn't wave by. I figured everybody would be cool. Followed a Z around for 3 or 4 laps until I went back in the pits to get a gap between us. Caught him again and same thing. Then I went to 1:43, 1:42 and last session 1:41. I studied my laps when I got home. I should be able to drop at least 3 seconds next time by changing a few things I did wrong.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
It was my first time doing a track day. First session 1:50 but I only got 1 clean lap. Was held up. Amazed some people wouldn't wave by. I figured everybody would be cool. Followed a Z around for 3 or 4 laps until I went back in the pits to get a gap between us. Caught him again and same thing. Then I went to 1:43, 1:42 and last session 1:41. I studied my laps when I got home. I should be able to drop at least 3 seconds next time by changing a few things I did wrong.
1:41 around big willow sounds solid. A friend of mine does 1:29 in his integra (don't feel bad, he races in motoiq). Glad you liked it tho. How likely are you to go to buttonwillow on march 9th?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I saw a 1:29 that weekend but most of the red group seemed to be in the low to mid 35's. I can make up time in turn 2 and 8 for sure. I was doing turn 8 at about 115 but I think I can do it at 130 or so. It's just fighting the survival part of the brain that's tough. Lol

I want to do Button but think I would like to hit 1:35 at Willow first. But who knows. I may go. It's addictive. As if I needed a reason to spend more money. Between Modding the car and photography I'll go broke. Now throw in track days and it's not looking good.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Yea I saw a 1:29 that weekend but most of the red group seemed to be in the low to mid 35's. I can make up time in turn 2 and 8 for sure. I was doing turn 8 at about 115 but I think I can do it at 130 or so. It's just fighting the survival part of the brain that's tough. Lol

I want to do Button but think I would like to hit 1:35 at Willow first. But who knows. I may go. It's addictive. As if I needed a reason to spend more money. Between Modding the car and photography I'll go broke. Now throw in track days and it's not looking good.
I know how you feel, not to mention the lack of time...

My instructor in a vette took turn at at 130ish and got passed by a miata on the outside :duh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.