Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Tried searching online for a pic but couldn't find exactly what i needed.

Can someone do me a huuuuge favor and snap a close up pic of their non SSS antennae base (preferrable antenna unscrewed)?

This vinyl installer I'm working with said he could shave like $40 off the install if he didn't have to take the headliner off and remove the antenna base. He wants to see a pic. I'm hoping he can just cut a hole over the base and trim the excess.

Dimensions would also be awesome!!

(I would do this myself, but my car is currently accross town in the body shop getting repainted).

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm only going to bump this once; don't want it cluttering up the forums.

Can anyone help a brother out???

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
My vinyl roof, the guy just cut around it. Looks fantastic still almost a year later. Just have him trim it. No need for removing the headliner dude...that's just begging for broken clips, creases in the material and exposing your airbags.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I can't give you a pic of what your requesting, but I will say that it takes all of 5 mins, 2 clips and a lil loving pull on the rear of the headliner and you can unscrew the antenna. It looks so much better if you remove that before wrapping the roof. I've done mine both ways and there is no comparisons. I'm kinda OCD about it tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.