Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I ran a 2001 S4 with full bolt onts and supposedly stock turbo's (I am pretty sure it had ko4's) For those of you who dont know the 2001's come v6 twin turbo AWD. I have a 2011 X GSR FULL bult ons making aroun 350....did a second gear pull at 40mph. We were dead even until halfway thru third when he started pulling on me....by 140mph he had 10+ cars on me. How the **** is that even possible....are the ko4's making that much power? Any chance this kid was on ko3 turbo's? Extremely pissed off....currently waiting for my ball bearing red.....i might send block out now because of this race and go 2.2l fp black....to a car with only 7k on it.......and after the race he said maybe by 180 he might have had 100 cars on me....so they think they got jokes.....i got 2 other X's with nice power running him this weekend....so agitated...did not see that coming...I shouldn't have lost by THAT much.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So last night I ran a 2001 S4 with full bolt onts and supposedly stock turbo's (I am pretty sure it had ko4's) For those of you who dont know the 2001's come v6 twin turbo AWD. I have a 2011 X GSR FULL bult ons making aroun 350....did a second gear pull at 40mph. We were dead even until halfway thru third when he started pulling on me....by 140mph he had 10+ cars on me. How the **** is that even possible....are the ko4's making that much power? Any chance this kid was on ko3 turbo's? Extremely pissed off....currently waiting for my ball bearing red.....i might send block out now because of this race and go 2.2l fp black....to a car with only 7k on it.......and after the race he said maybe by 180 he might have had 100 cars on me....so they think they got jokes.....i got 2 other X's with nice power running him this weekend....so agitated...did not see that coming...I shouldn't have lost by THAT much.
at the track right ??

Nitrous Oxide is a hell of a compound..

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't condone street racing...this was on a closed course with proper safety gear. He was not spraying as far as I could tell.....full bolt ons with ko4 turbos....(I think they are off an rs4) Still doesn't make sense

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
somehow i doubt the above statement. You defently werent at a drag strip or road course or a autox event.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try loosing to a 01 s4 with 134k miles with a brand new full bolt on X...pathetic. If it was a car or 2 fine...but 10+ na.....stock motor stock cams stock trans....full bolt ons and I guessing he upgraded both turbos to ko4's (they come with ko3's stock) thats a low 13 second car stock....with full bolt ons I am mid 12 second car.....he has to be at LEAST a mid 11 second car.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
NEWSFLASH:
Evo X found not to be fastest car in a straight line...

/in before lock

·
Registered
548 Posts
Driver mod

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Well he never said street. So why couldnt this be at the track? you guys are quick to jump on the IBTLCAUSEIMBOREDOHWAITISHOULDBEWORKINGIWANTINANDOUTBURGERFORLUNCH

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,479 Posts
K03s no, while a quick car on K03s it's limited, and the 2001 biturbo is just a cow. Even with full bolt-ons (been in one) it's not as quick as my Evo with stock turbo. However, its torque and hp characteristics are different from Evo especially up top.

K04s are a different story. I rode in one of the first K04 swapped "stage 3+" 2001 S4, looked mostly stock under the hood, and it was really, really quick. Awesome car, and so comfy inside.

Which nighttime closed course was this where you started pulls at 40mph to 140mph? ^_^

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
at the track right ??
Why start that? Honestly, if you aren't sure, instead of trolling, just ignore that and focus on the point of his post or just hit your Back button and go look at another thread. Stop trying to bait people into breaking forum rules.

As to his question, yes a full bolt-on b5 S4 is pretty potent. A twin-turbo V6 is pretty sweet and if they upgrade the turbos it's even crazier. iirc, they'd be around 400-440hp/tq with the k04s.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Well he never said street. So why couldnt this be at the track? you guys are quick to jump on the IBTLCAUSEIMBOREDOHWAITISHOULDBEWORKINGIWANTINANDOUTBURGERFORLUNCH
Thanks for reminding me of In-N-Out's absence from my area. :mad:

Oh, and to the OP... What kind of person gets so butthurt over a race against a car with unknown mods and a cocky douchebag driver that they now want to throw thousands more at their car just to defend their honor. Grow up.

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,479 Posts
Why start that? Honestly, if you aren't sure, instead of trolling, just ignore that and focus on the point of his post or just hit your Back button and go look at another thread. Stop trying to bait people into breaking forum rules.

As to his question, yes a full bolt-on b5 S4 is pretty potent. A twin-turbo V6 is pretty sweet and if they upgrade the turbos it's even crazier. iirc, they'd be around 400-440hp/tq.
The full bolton b5 s4 with stock k03 turbos I was in, chip, fmic, 3" turboback, IC misters, and a few other goodies only put down 340 to the wheel. They're only ~250hp at the crank with stock tune.

However, quick spooling small turbos on a v6 is a LOT of fun.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The Audi driver sounds like a real winner. I bet his girlfriend is hotter than yours too. Time to sell your Evo's, get a GT-R and a better woman so you can sleep at night.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
op is just a sore loser. So he got beat, big whoop. I dont get so butt hurt when i get beat at the track. But if it makes you feel better OP, buy my nitrous kit for $600

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.