Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm sure this has probably been discussed about 1000 times in the past but I haven't found the answer I am looking for. I am looking to get a set of coilovers. Main reason is to go low. I enjoy the handling of my EVO X the way it is stock but would like to improve it. The car is daily driven and will see some 1/4 mile attempts at the track and some of the twisty roads near my house. My question is this.

What is the best bang for the buck when it comes to EVO X coilover?

I am an EX subaru owner :duh: (2009 WRX Sedan) and BC was considered the best bang for the buck when your main objective was to go low and gain some cornering ability and keep it street friendly.

Links, pictures, prices, and your reasons as to why you think "said" coilovers are best would be a great help also.

Thanks Guys,
Al

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
For the money I think H&R 's are pretty nice and smooth.

For more money. Ohlins, AST, KW V3 are all excellent.

Plenty of thread about this...

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
:+1: for ohlins but they cost a bit though:$::$::$::$:

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I'd Say $3,500 is quite a bit lol.
How about you help us and tell us your budget. See the way I see it. If you want to be Form>function... just get some BC's. If you want to look good and perform even better then get some KW v3, AST, Ohlins etc. But I find it hard to even think you guys buy a car like an evo x, known for its handling ability and then slam some CRAP coils on it just to go low for appearance. I dont care if you dont see track time. WHY MAKE IT WORSE than stock :duh: :inout:

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
I vote KW V3, either the standard or Robospec/clubsport versions. Best balance of price & function.

Also look at AMR coilovers. They are built to your spec and are very good quality.

I would not recommend BC.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I've heard nothing bad about BCs. Lots of people love them. They are what I am leaning towards.
You didn't answer the important question. Whats your budget, don't be ashamed, be honest.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Budget doesn't matter. I'm just not sure if I can let myself spend $3,500 on coils lol.
if you have trouble justifying the price-tag of 3500 coils, then you probably won't know enough to fully utilize their features either

there's nothing wrong with starting with springs and deciding after you've gotten your feet wet imo. I don't regret running on GTWorx springs at all, and I'm matching up against those with high dollar setups so far :rock:

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
^ his main reason to get them is to go low.
Hey Guys,

I am looking to get a set of coilovers. Main reason is to go low.

I am an EX subaru owner :duh: (2009 WRX Sedan) and BC was considered the best bang for the buck when your main objective was to go low and gain some cornering ability and keep it street friendly.

Thanks Guys,
Al
Again if you want just low. Then grab some BC but they are in no way performance minded.

The non "stanced" Subaru crowd would not agree at all with the above statement regarding BC's. They are purely one size fits all when it comes to their valving.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Stance super sport + coilovers. Made by Touge Factory, tested and proven in japan's D1 racing. Those are the ones I am buying.

http://stance-usa.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.