Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could help me with tech info for my evo x 08. Here's the situation. I baught my evo and drove it for aprox. 3000km and my engine blew. Piston went right through the side of the engine. It was sent to the dealer and they told me it was caused by 'turbo boost without the ecu being properly ajusted.' Thing is I did nothing in mods to the car while I had it. I had the engine diagnosed by a engine professional and he says that the was overpressure in the combustion chamber during engine operation. It has to do with electronic engine managment system disturbance. I contacted the old owner and he also did nothing to the car. However he mentioned to me that right before I baught the car it had came out of the dealer with a short block and turbo replacement. I have all the info. It was replaced under warrenty. Service bulletin TSB-10-12-003 was what the dealer followed as proceedure. My question is when replacing a turbo on an evo x is there a special programation to be done? Im thinking they might have messed up at the dealer and theyre trying to put it on me. If they put the wrong programming in it? I need anyones help in clearing this up. Im going to court soon and I need to be ready. Thank you

-Renato Persechino

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Sounds to me like they are saying there was a tune on the car at some point that raised the boost. This is going to be a shit show. Just get a lawyer you are not going to be able to prove anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts