Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was curious if anyone has found upgraded coil packs and wires? i have looked everywhere and only have pulled up the HKS plugs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
HELP!!

Hey guys, i bought a used 2014 evo x and it was a lemon! issues left and right. The engine gave up the ghost. i did test on the spark plugs and number one wasn't firing, So i bought new coil packs. I pulled the engine and rebuilt it and everything put new injectors, new spark plugs, the new plugs, and new alternator. i bought a new alternator because the battery light was on upon putting it in the car so i just bought a new one. The car fires up and runs. Upon driving the battery light is still on ( although my battery is getting a charge.. 12v off 14.4v idling. i got a check engine light come on after 10 miles of driving. i pulled the codes and it was cylinder 1 misfire, same code before the engine gave up. I pulled the spark plugs 2-4 were tan in color, the number 1 was white and not firing at all... What could be the issue?? :wtfsign::wtfsign:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Eh, a lot of things. Does the coil wire have a spark?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
So continue deeper down to alternator, etc. You already know spark is an issue, if there is no electrical discharge in the wire, check the terminal where it connects to on the alternator.

Here is the factory manual for ignition and electrical diagnostics:
http://www.evoxservicemanual.co.uk/PDFs/GR00006200-16.pdf

·
Registered
13 Posts
So continue deeper down to alternator, etc. You already know spark is an issue, if there is no electrical discharge in the wire, check the terminal where it connects to on the alternator.

Here is the factory manual for ignition and electrical diagnostics:
http://www.evoxservicemanual.co.uk/PDFs/GR00006200-16.pdf
i tested the votage on the connector to the coil pack on number one its getting 10.35v... Pulled the number 4 coil pack and it was 10.35v as well. i have no idea whats going on.... it has power all the way up to that number one connector but isnt sparking number 1 at all.... im so confused

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
So, you don't see a spark, but do you see a voltage on the wire with spark removed?
What if you swap that particular coil with another coil. Just swap places and see if it's the coil.

·
Registered
831 Posts
So, you don't see a spark, but do you see a voltage on the wire with spark removed?
What if you swap that particular coil with another coil. Just swap places and see if it's the coil.
Swap places and make sure the coil isn't faulty. If the coil works, make sure you don't have a break in the ground wire for the coil. If you have solid connections on both ends and the coil still doesn't operate properly then its likely an ECU issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts