Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for shops other than english racing.

i recently bought AEM uego wideband/oil/boost gauge and been putting it off.

i got two kids and id rather play with them rather then spending my time outside. I have tried a couple tuner shops but they had turned me down because they dont specialize in our cars.

if push comes to shove, i will try and tackle this. Is there a DIY Thread made for this?

thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here is a link for the boost gauge install and another for oil pressure. You may find some more sources for DIY if you continue searching. Be careful with the oil pressure gauge install. I believe the fitting you would need to go into the block is BSP and not NPT. I have seen a few threads where the housing cracked because they overtightened a NPT fitting and it's not a replaceable part. Its part of the block. You could also use a oil filter sandwich adapter instead.

·
Registered
103 Posts
AW Automotive in Auburn. They always have Evos there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a link for the boost gauge install and another for oil pressure. You may find some more sources for DIY if you continue searching. Be careful with the oil pressure gauge install. I believe the fitting you would need to go into the block is BSP and not NPT. I have seen a few threads where the housing cracked because they overtightened a NPT fitting and it's not a replaceable part. Its part of the block. You could also use a oil filter sandwich adapter instead.

man sounds like an all day thing😅. And thanks for the link! I appreciate the help😁👍🏻.

AW Automotive in Auburn. They always have Evos there.
Ill give them a call. Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dumb question,

Do i necessary need to go to there or is it better to go to the same since they already got data/history on my car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, i forgot to mention that i went to english racing for my tune and the question is, is it better to go to the same shop or not.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry, i forgot to mention that i went to english racing for my tune and the question is, is it better to go to the same shop or not.
It doesn’t matter, If you’re closer to English go there.
AW is top notch for all other work if you’re closer to them... they will take care of you.
English used to do dyno days at AW for people that aren’t able to make the drive to Camas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn’t matter, If you’re closer to English go there.
AW is top notch for all other work if you’re closer to them... they will take care of you.
English used to do dyno days at AW for people that aren’t able to make the drive to Camas.
thanks for that input. I got my appointment set up. I got that cast exhaust manifold from maperformance. Maybe ill just have them install it and tune it after everything is put on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i second the recommendation for AW, they are great

they also have a dyno, you can book an e tuning session with someone if you dont feel like going to English. i know English is pretty backed up as well due to the Rona

I e tuned with Chet Rickerman, but did it via email and i did my pulls on the road. i believe he'll also dyno e tune if you prefer

·
Registered
61 Posts
man sounds like an all day thing😅. And thanks for the link! I appreciate the help😁👍🏻.

Yes it can take a while to install the gauges. I did my own boost, oil pressure and wideband gauges. The worst part is routing the wires and removing certain panels in your car for the gauge pod install. If you take your time you can set up the gauges where you want them and save some money in the process. I have a garage so I was able to do this over a few days whenever I had some free time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts