Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was cruising yesterday and my rpm was at 3k, i press the gas half way and i see 15psi on my boost gauge, all of the sudden i felt that the car bucks a little and the service engine soon lite on.

when i got home i check the code with my obd reader, and the code is po172.
i went online to check what it is, it says that my fuel is too rich?

so last night i did some pulls and i am seeing 11.4 as my afr it used to be 10.9 after the tune to be safe and my boost increased from 27psi to 29psi so i am 2 lbs above without touching my boost control.

can some of u guys tell me what this is? i am really aware of this matter.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
A mod list would be nice.

Did you check your fuel trims? You could have maxed out the trims.. i.e. they are running full lean trying to fix a rich condition.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres my mods boss.
blouch dom 2.0
dw 800cc
255 walbro pump
fmic
intercooler pipings
short ram intake
agency bov
forge actuator
meagan manifold
map o2 dump dp
test pipe cbe
perrin inlet pipe

A mod list would be nice.

Did you check your fuel trims? You could have maxed out the trims.. i.e. they are running full lean trying to fix a rich condition.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my tuner said that po172 is boost leak but i am overboosting 2psi so i will go there one monday for boost leak test i really don't know that much when it comes to technical issue

You need a tactrix cable to check your trims. You have have to have your tuner help you out.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
P0172 is system to rich.

its most likely tune related, like the injectors havn't been dialed in correctly...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts