Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so i just picked up an 08 GSR with 73 000km on it, it has aem cold box and HKS high power catback. I have been averaging between 19 and 21mpg driving fairly easy and a mix between city and highway. This seems pretty bad even for these cars from what i have read. Is there anything i can do to get it up to say even 25-26 mpg?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, drive 100% highway on cruise control without braking at around 50MHP and you should get 25-26MPG ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
man i get 13 mpg stop complaining its a performance car not a prius

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
get a tune and it might get abit better. Also weight reduction will help, you can take the spare tire, tookl, rear seat, passenger seat, carpets and door liners off for starters..lol.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Im tuned and I get around 28mpg cruising at 75mph.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
i was getting like 12mpg on the highway with my srt-10..lol. I love the evo's fuel consumption.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i see what your saying, i guess ill just have to get used to it. My previous car(audi a4) straight highway was getting close to 40mpg so its just a big drop for me

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha my buddy wants to buy an SRT-10 pickup so he can have a faster vehicle than me. And i'll live with the gas mileage because this is a way nicer car than the A4

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
yea snakes dont feel to bad, but i was a young ignortant kid who pinned it everywhere, plus it had cams/turbo/etc etc so with every mod my mileage just kept dropping, came to a point where i sat down and calculated how much i spent on gas, and i sold it immediately

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got myself a work car "Honda CRX" and get about 35mpg as my EVO was getting about 20mpg and I drive 120 miles round trip to and from work 5 days a week. Evo's are not know for being fuel freindly but rather as a performance vehicle that love premium fuel.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
haha my buddy wants to buy an SRT-10 pickup so he can have a faster vehicle than me. And i'll live with the gas mileage because this is a way nicer car than the A4
awesome truck, just bad gas mileage. If he is serious about getting one, make sure he gets the RC manual. The QC 48RE automatic tranny is junk and sucks up ALOT of power. I had a intake, exhaust and tune on my truck and test drove a RC afterwords...the damn thing was so much faster then my truck and it was stock. If i could afford to keep it and have the evo, i would still have it. But made a decision to sell it since the gas was raising where i live plus my transmission was starting to slip and i didnt want to fork out the money to upgrade it to withstand the nitrous i just put on it.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Weight reduction, maybe cruise control, keep it at 55 mph...u could try nitrogen instead of air in tires, most oil change places do that think it's like 15 a wheel

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 42 Posts