Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first here is my mods list:

Fp Black turbo, ported, with 21psi wg
GSC S2 cams, with BC springs and retainers.
ARP Headstuds
MAP Tubular exhaust manifold
AMS widemouth downpipe
AMS fuel rail
DW 1300cc injectors
Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
AEM AFPR
Grimspeed 3 port
AMS FMIC
AMS upper and lower intercooler piping.
AMS Cold air intake
AMS test pipe
AMS single exit catback
Cobb accessport
AEM wideband
Defi boost gauge
94 pump gas

I am in the middle of tuning my car and I'm having a power cut issue. During logs when I am at WOT and I get to around 6500 the boost and IDC hits a wall and there is complete power loss. The AFR's are also not consistent, they will go anywhere from 10.8-11.5, but it will go lean, then rich then lean.

I was having a backfire/misfire issue, which I fixed by re-gaping my spark plugs, they were at 28 thou, I set them a little smaller than stock, to 20 thou. Before I re-gaped my plugs my fuel pressure was at 50 psi, now its sitting at 40 psi, I have no idea why its doing that now :wtfsign:

I have hard wired my fuel pump and also have done the fuel pressure return line mod, drilled out the return line to 3/32". I also replaced my dw300 pump thinking it was bad, to an automotive 340 pump, which did not solve the issue.

The current map I am running is at 28 psi, when I load another tuners map I am able to rev the car to 7100 rpm, and the AFR's start lean and then progressively get richer as the car approaches red line like its supposed to, however, this map is only at 22 psi.

My tuner believes my injectors are bad, but I would like to confirm this before dropping 500 bucks on injectors and finding out its not the problem.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
But I should add that it could easily be your injectors.

An easy test for injectors is to watch your fuel trims. When I see injectors start to go bad, the fuel trims usually go from very rich to very lean for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am kinda just start having this problems after my car was sitting for week to get my new CMC install. I have 2150cc FIC injectors. I did a boost leak today and nothing, tomorrow going to test the pumps and see but i think is my injectors too because before the car was running fine. I have the problem at WOT. Let me know what you think

thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
He maxed out the maf. Problem corrected with a map 3.5" intake :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.