Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power steering pump is on it's death bed. Whines 24/7 and drives me insane, only getting louder as RPMs increase since it's driven by the serp belt. Nevertheless, it works perfectly fine but is enough to drive you crazy. I've changed the fluid and bled the system but still no luck, so she's on her way out.

OEM replacement is $900+ so I may buy used to save some money. But I'm wondering if anyone knows of an alternative to an OEM pump? Would rather buy new even if it's not OEM, but my search results come up with nothing

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't know how much a used one is. Looks like Cardone (fairly reputable) on Rockauto offers a rebuild of your used one for $200.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Appreciate the info. I'm not sure if I trust that rebuilt Maval pump to fit so I'm thinking I'll go with a used OEM pump. Now I'm just wondering if the ralliart and X pumps are interchangeable
That's a good question. I know the rack is different between the cars. The parts catalog shows two Ralliart Pump Part numbers: 4450A107 and 4450A260 but only 4450A097 for the Evo. Now, oddly, 4450A097 shows combability with the Ralliart but the two Ralliart part numbers only show compatibility with base Lancer models. Odd.

I'd try to find one off an Evo to be safe.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a good question. I know the rack is different between the cars. The parts catalog shows two Ralliart Pump Part numbers: 4450A107 and 4450A260 but only 4450A097 for the Evo. Now, oddly, 4450A097 shows combability with the Ralliart but the two Ralliart part numbers only show compatibility with base Lancer models. Odd.

I'd try to find one off an Evo to be safe.
I read the same info after looking into it more, I'll definitely go with one off an evo. Have found a few used pumps for around $130 which is great compared to $1k for a new one. Obviously they have some mileage on them so we'll see how a used pump holds up, but if it ends up dying down the line I'll send the old one in for a rebuild. Beats spending $1k either way

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know how much a used one is. Looks like Cardone (fairly reputable) on Rockauto offers a rebuild of your used one for $200.
If my evo wasn't my daily, I'd probably send it in for a rebuild.

But regarding used pump prices, I'm looking at around $130

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah, if you get a used one, you can keep your whiney one on a shelf and send it out for rebuild if you ever need to.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$200 is not a bad deal.
Assuming they can rebuild it properly, it's not bad at all especially compared to buying a new OEM unit. If my car wasn't my daily I would've attempted that route but I ended up ordering a used pump with 58k miles on it for $130. Hopefully it works properly..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts