Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 evo x and I put in my ortiz guage pod and ran the wires for a boost and wideband and tapped the mirror fuse I believe and everything is working fine but the radio. The radio fuse is fine and getting power but there is no power at the radio red wire. I checked the fuses under hood and under dash. When researching I saw the hazard ribbon mentioned And I'm assuming that's just the connection to the little hazard light switch which is connected and works. I'm pretty stumped here. Any suggestions? Thank you

·
Registered
211 Posts
So have you try to trace the red wire? There must be a cut somewhere. Are you sure it has not power to the wire? checked with multimeter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I pulled everything completely out so I could just test the connection on the stock harness. The 12v red wire has power but the yellow ignition wire is not getting power when I turn the car on. I guess that goes back to the fuse box. I didn't touch the stereo at all just tapped a fuse for the mirrors. I've replaced the radio fuses even though they weren't blown and nothing else in the car doesn't appear to be working. I did something as it worked fine before I put my gauges in but I'm stumped as to what is going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've also pulled the fuse tap off and replaced the mirror fuse back to stock but that didn't change anything either

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the issue. When I pulled the jumper out of the mirror fuse the radio started working again. I don't see how that would matter. I will try and jump it from another fuse I guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rip my legitimacy on this forum. When using a fuse jumper reading the instructions helps. Needs fuses in both slots. Everything working swimmingly now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rip my legitimacy on this forum. When using a fuse jumper reading the instructions helps. Needs fuses in both slots. Everything working swimmingly now.
Ahhh..the satisfaction of fixing it yourself. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts