Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Yoko Advans on myFQ300 are coming end of life pretty soon (way too soon!) and I would like to a tyre that lasts longer but still gives good grip (I don't do track days so don't need ultimate grip).

Looking around it looks like either the Michelin Power Sports 3's or Bridgestone S001's get good write-ups - are there any other tyres I should consider? What would your preference be between the Michelins and Bridgestone's? Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 are an amazing tyre IMO
I have them on my Celica and have done 2 trackdays and drove to the nurburgring done 8 laps and back and they still have at least 50% thread left on them.
The grip is excellent and the road noise isn't too bad either. Bridgestones I'm not a fan of. Have yet to be in a car with a set that didn't put a stupid amount of road noise into the car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link and also comments, certainly something to mull over. Indeed looking around the Michelin Pilot Super Sports get some superb write-ups........hmmmm decisions decisions......

Thanks all

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have used michelin pilot sport as plus and I well never go to a.different high performance all season tire again. Absolutely no issues at all with them with 25k on them

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ok I'm convinced. Michelin Pilot Super Sports seem the way to go - so that's what's going on.

Decision made! Thanks for all your help, appreciated
You made a good choice. They are a great all around tire. Not cheap, but you really do get what you pay for with those.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Have you driven in the rain with these at all? Any problems or concerns ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
pilot super sport are all seasonal am i wrong?
whats as grippiy or even gripper then the stock yokohama advan but with better wear?
Yes there all season tires. Good gripping tires for summer are toyo proxy
Actually, they're "Max Performance SUMMER" tires. But i do believe there is a less grippy all-season version of them. Either version will wear better than the stock advans.

How is the road noise on the pilot super sport compared to stock?
Alot less noise - but obviously they will get louder as they wear down. Not as loud as the oem advans though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes there all season tires. Good gripping tires for summer are toyo proxy

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

They are Max Performance Summer Tires, not all seasons. You are thinking of the Pilot Sport A/S, not the same as the Pilot Super Sports.

Anyways I just received my set of PSS yesterday!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.