Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I are planning a track day for the end of February at New Jersey Motorsports Park. We'd like to get as many evos as possible. So far we are 25/30 with a cap at 40 total. We still have spots open if anyone is interested.

Here is the original thread. I figure this section will likely generate more interest from people who understand what is being offered here.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57651

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Feb 26th in NJ? Whats the plan if the weather isn't cooperating? I know VIR still has a chance of ice/snow in late Feb, so NJ is surely a risk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a snow date of 3/10/12, otherwise it's rain or shine like any other hpde event.

You never know what the weather is going to be like in late February. It could be 65-70* and sunny or 23*. I'll be happy with dry conditions over anything.

You're not too far! You should join us. It should be a pretty relaxed event as we all know each other fairly well and will have some new comers as well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$215. all the info is in the original thread that i posted above.

we currently have 9 spots left as of tonight.

i would love to get some X's to join us.

first timers welcomed too. the beginner group is turning out to be a nice group of guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$215. all the info is in the original thread that i posted above.

we currently have 9 spots left as of tonight.

i would love to get some X's to join us.

first timers welcomed too. the beginner group is turning out to be a nice group of guys.
Is it free for instructors and do you have any instructor slots left? Not sure if I'd bring my track Evo 9 or the street X

Thanks

Marty

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
We just started getting light on instructors so we could definitely use you if you're interested.

Unfortunately there are no cost incentives for instructors since this is a private rental of the track and everyone's registration fee is chipping in to cover the costs. We aren't making beginner/intermediate students pay more like in larger organizations.

edit: also to note is that instructors are being assigned only one student. And Marty, if you can get both cars out to the track, you could run both yourself.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is a good deal for a private day. Are Evos the only car welcomed to the event?

·
Banned
114 Posts
me and my buddy are signed up and paid for...fairly new to track scene. I have 2011 EVO GSR w/ full bolt ons he has 350z nismo w/ intakes and test pipes. Very excited.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check out the latest in the thread I posted on the first page.

This is directed towards the participants from the event and anyone else who just likes to...well...read the forums.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you guys host another event me and few of my buddies are down to join!!

That's good to know. I'm sure you could expect a similar thread next year if it happens again.

This wasn't your only opportunity to get out to the track. There are plenty of events this spring and summer and the price is about the same. Check motorsportsreg.com and search for driver education (DE) and high performance driver education (HPDE) events at NJMP or your local track.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts