Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several of us in the Philly region are setting up an event at NJMP in February. We have over 20 people in the region signed up so far and we would like to get as many Evos to this even as possible before going to other forum to fill up the rest of the slots.

The date for this event is scheduled for Sunday February 26th, 2011. We will be renting the Thunderbolt course using the Grand-Am configuration with chicane, from 9am to 4:00pm with 1 hour lunch break between 12-1pm. Lunch will not be provided; however, there are plenty of restaurants in close proximity.

We will have full access to the event garages with room for about 20 cars. These garage spots are limited and will be given to the first 20 people who register. If you aren’t one of the first 20 people there is also plenty of room to hardpark outside the garages in the paddock area. Anyone can hangout in the garage to keep warm.

The final scheduling and run groups will be determined after registration closes, but we anticipate doing a 30 minute on – 30 minute off format. Sessions will begin @ 9am, alternating between run groups every 30 minutes with the checkered flag being thrown to signal the end of each session. This will allow 6 – 30 minutes sessions for a total 3 hours of track time per car!

Attendance is limited to only 40 people to ensure plenty of open track for everyone to explore their car. The cost for this event, if you register before midnight on 1/15/12 is $215.00. After 1/15/12 registration will be $225.00 until midnight January 31st. 2012. Registration will close at Midnight on January 31st 2012. After registration closes, if we don’t have enough people registered to cover the event fees no money will be handed over to NJMP and everyone will be issued a full refund. We also have an option to reschedule if there are snow on the ground. An event shirt will also be provided.

Please contact Marc Cantor [email protected] for any additional questions or registration.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Several of us in the Philly region are setting up an event at NJMP in February. We have over 20 people in the region signed up so far and we would like to get as many Evos to this even as possible before going to other forum to fill up the rest of the slots.

We will have full access to the event garages with room for about 20 cars. These garage spots are limited and will be given to the first 20 people who register. If you aren’t one of the first 20 people there is also plenty of room to hardpark outside the garages in the paddock area. Anyone can hangout in the garage to keep warm.
..so what you're saying is there will be no spaces in the garage. Clearly that isn't the important part, I just thought it was amusing that it sounds like new people signing up could potentially be able to park in the garage when there is essentially no chance for them already.

Anywho, sounds like a great event & I wish I had the ability/driving experience to join. I doubt I'll have any free time around then either.

Have fun!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This event will be run in standard HPDE format. You don't need skills or experience. All inexperienced drivers will be assigned an instructor (we have some great ones already signed up).

We are planning to run two groups: experienced and inexperienced. People who aren't beginners but not quite advanced drivers will have to get in where they fit in.

There is going to be a ton of track time. Ask anyone who's familiar with HPDE. 30 minutes on then 30 minutes off all day long is A LOT.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sorry I'm new to road racing, but are there any safety requirements besides a helmet? And what about bolt ons, are there restrictions if the car has any modifications? If my car can run there I'm deff willing to drive the 3.5 hours there.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
think the only restriction car has to be in good order and driver and instructor have to have same restraints which is normal for HPDE

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All safety equipment/measures at the track will be in place. We will have flaggers and emergency personnel staffed for the day.

As far as personal safety equipment, a SA2005 or newer closed-face helmet is required (NJ state law mandates closed-face helmets) and a regular 3 point seatbelt (stock seatbelt I mean).

As far as the car goes, as long as it holds onto all it's fluids and won't break down, it will be fine. People run anything from stock-form cars to monster hp. A lot of people lower boost a few psi for a road course but that's totally up to the driver/owner. Other things you'll need are: fresh brake fluid, brake pads with at least 50% life and tires with equal amounts of life.

If its your first time out, I wouldn't suggest going crazy prepping the car with race compounds and parts. If you have the money to spend on one thing, I'd suggest track pads but that definitely isnt necessary just yet.

This is going to be a very fun event. We all mostly know eachother so it will be a very social and relaxed event.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Alight cool, I'm not going to go crazy buying parts for my first time I just want to try it out, and make sure I'm not driving all the way out there to no be able to run my car. I'll just mess with my tune a bit for peace of mind.

Does having an instructor ride with you cost any more?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Instructors are no additional charge. In my opinion, they are more important to a beginner than a helmet.

This is pretty much the most fun you'll have in your car. If you've drag raced or autox, think of this as autox at the top of 4th and 5th gear with a few straight line sections like drag racing. I believe Thunderbolt's straight is close half a mile. It's long and turn one is very fast.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to update this thread with some words from one of the other organizers of the group.

Those of you who have signed up so far, thank you. We still have a few spots left!

I am talking with another group of racers who are looking to rent the track on the same day as us. If we combine resources, their people would fill our remaining spots and registration will be closed. If you want to get in to this track event you need to send an email to [email protected] ASAP to reserve your spot!

For those who have never been on track before or want to get an idea of what NJMP - Thunderbolt looks like here is a little vid taken from earlier this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bY0aCg9vmQ

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got you down!

The event is filled at the moment. I will post up if any openings become available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got you down!

The event is filled at the moment. I will post up if any openings become available.
I guess a got here a day too late... damn. If a spot opens up please PM me. I'm from Jersey and I'm interested in getting my X on the track for the first time.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ sorry I didn't see this before. You probably could have gotten a ride with someone of you came down.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts