Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our engineering staff has decades of experience in the design and tuning of performance suspension systems, including CART/Indy Cars, IMSA, SCCA, NASA, and SCORE competitors. These spring designs reflect our ability to develop a successful blend of appearance, handling capability, and ride quality. These springs feature increased spring rates for upgraded handling capabilities as well as progressively wound springs for superior ride quality.

These springs are designed to work with OEM shocks but will benefit from using high performance shocks such as Tokico or Bilstein.

Progress specifies only certified high-tensile SAE spring wire materials. Our springs are cold-wound on modern CNC coiling machines, then stress relieved, pre-set, and shot-peened for maximum durability.

Features
-Front drop: 1.2" --- Rear drop: 0.8"
-Front rate: 260 lbs/in --- Rear rate 230 lbs/in
-Limited lifetime warranty!
-All spring kits are powdercoated metallic gray.

[

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i dont understand why a company would say "will benefit from using high performance shocks such as Tokico or Bilstein" when neither company makes shocks for the Evo X

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i dont understand why a company would say "will benefit from using high performance shocks such as Tokico or Bilstein" when neither company makes shocks for the Evo X

im not sure but i think bilstein is the oem shock for MR

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've been using progress for about a year now...The wheel gap is still pretty obvious,
a lot of people think that I still have the stock springs...I'm switching to coilovers with
new wheels and fatter tires...The progress spring is cheap and did it's purpose that's
why I'm handing it down to my younger brother! all in all I think it's a good set of springs

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
why does it still look like stock height? i see lots of gap still..
It is only 1.2'' drop which is just right for my steep driveway that leaves me 1cm before scraping it underneath. If you want more go Megan 2inches drop or coilover.

If you compare to stock it is different.

The car looks much better and no rubbing problem. Much better dive resistance on hard braking. Great handling responsiveness, and I didn't noticed any degradation in the ride. Car lost vitually most of the dip/dive it had on stock set up. Ride quality is stiffer/firm response to a bump than stock but not unbearable. Less bodyroll, easy to do lane changes.The car feels lighter. The dropped is not so extreme just right for my angled driveway. No cluncking noise on small bumps moderate or slow speed. Extremely pleased with this product for street/daily driving.

progress vs stock

progress vs stock

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Salt is really bad. It is a good thing to have a beater car aside from your X. If you got money to burn...adjustable coilover.Progress as an entry level is just fine. I heard Robispec used this in their entry level suspension upgrade but I can't find any reference of it...you know the internet stories.

Another car with Progress and not sure with the Specs of the wheels.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah I can't imagine spending that kind of money on coilovers haha. Definitely the best option though if you can afford them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts