Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've started the development of a project to read the XML definition files of EcuFlash and also the binary ROM files.

To read the XML definition I've created a XML Schema Definition (XSD) file. That file is then used as input file for JAXB to generate JAVA classes out of it.
This way it is extremely easy to work with those EcuFlash definition files.

It is for example possible to read the scaling's storagetype of a table just by using a command like
Code:
table.getScaling().getStoragetype()
By specifying the name of a table it will be possible to get the contents of the ROM. This way rom comparison is a dead easy task.

I will publish the whole code in form of a library as open source (LGPL/GPL 3) in the near future.

Do you have any comments to a library like that?
Do you have any wishes about functions?
What are your general thoughts about that?

Thanks for reading and also your comments!

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Comparing one definition file to another is pointless. You need to compare the contents of one ROM to the contents of another ROM. And that has already been done in EcuFlash.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right - EcuFlash supports that. But I still think that there is some potential for improvement.
I think the best would be to wait until I publish the very first version of the library. This version will also contain some more or less basic/useful demo programs.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Ok, then a Feature to add would be a full binary comparison of 2 entire ROMs. That feature would only work on ROMs with the exact same ROM ID.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly this is already possible. I think I will write a demo application for that case.

I've also implemented some write functions such that it is possible to develop a program that copies the table contents of one ROM into another ROM. Both ROMs just need the same defined tables (names and sizes, addresses could be different). This way one could copy some base maps into another (already defined) rom.

The write functions also exist for the XML part. This way one could use the library to generate new definitions.

The best part is that the library is quite small and hopefully easy to use. We will see. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts