Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Compared to my 9000 rpm Rotary RX8, yes it does rev to a slow 6000 rpm :)

The exhaust note does not sound beefy enough , but a good aftermarket exhaust , catalyctic converter will soon change the note even possibly get more power .

Do i hear tappet noise in the third video ? or is that the turbo spooling up ?

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
87 Posts
Whatever it is it doesnt sound great my mothers old sowing machine sounded better , BMW have aluminium engines and they certainly dont sound like a can of rattling marbles .

I am not trying to be difficult but thats not a sound that would inspire confidence in an engine , hopefully its a one of loose tappets situation .

Cheers
Michael

·
Administrator
24,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whatever it is it doesnt sound great my mothers old sowing machine sounded better , BMW have aluminium engines and they certainly dont sound like a can of rattling marbles .
True, but it's a smaller engine so it's more prone to make noise. Not sure though, it could be anything. It's hard to tell from the video.

I am not trying to be difficult but thats not a sound that would inspire confidence in an engine , hopefully its a one of loose tappets situation .

Cheers
Michael

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.