Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to run an idea by you guys to see if it's smart or I'm just an idiot. I'm trying to think of ways to prevent my evo x from getting stolen. Instead of wiring a kill switch, I was thinking of just pulling the fuse for ignition (I believe its fuse 14 going off the manual page 7-50). Is there any consequence of this? Is this even a good idea? I think that any lightly experienced thief would probably look for a kill switch, but how many are popping open fuses boxes with spare fuses?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flatbed..

So you are just going to pull the fuse every time you get out?
touche, can't guard against a flatbed but that would be wild in my apartment complex...my evo is used 3 days, then just sits for 4 days per week on average. So I'm just planning on pulling it on those 4 days it sits. I'm not thinking about pulling the fuse every time I park at the store or something lol I was more wondering if pulling the fuse in and out once a week would cause any damages to any electrical systems or battery or something, electrical stuff is wizardry to me (I know I'm at risk at breaking the fuse itself from pulling it out so often, but I have spare fuses anyway).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts