Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yes, they'll work but the APR studs are about 2x as long as the OEM studs. OEM is 45mm, APR is 76mm. You'll need open ended lugs. If your lugs are capped, they wont fit. This means you wont be able to mount the OEM wheels using the OEM lugs, and I'm not aware of any open lugs that are 100% compatible with the OEM wheels. It's an odd seat angle. Anyone know of any?

I noticed Moser makes some studs that match the OEM size perfectly, but I doubt they're as good as the APRs. On the other hand,they're cheap. Here's the details: http://www.moserengineering.com/oth...-1-3-4-quick-start-end-565-knurl-lincoln.html
For some reason I thought I remembered ARP making a stock length stud but I can't seem to find the number for it so I guess they don't. You should be fine using the Moser studs just use white lithium grease or Loctite C5-A.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I suck at wheels/suspension.

So to be clear:
If one buys the stock size wheels no adjustment or extra parts are needed?
Second:
What about if the hub size is the same but its a wider wheel (or is that possible)?

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Possible but unlikely. Most wheels come in just 1 hub size regardless of wheel dia/width. They bore for the largest hub applicable because boring too large can still work with a ring but boring too small means the wheel won't work. So finding wheels that use the stock bore is unlikely except with a few manufactures that do custom bores

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
oh

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.