Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a quick question about a particular sensor. I recently installed my Front Mount Transmission Cooler from SSP and have been having issues with my Ambient Temperature readings. It seems that what my display is telling VS what the actual exterior/ambient temp is about 10-15 degrees off. My question is, is the sensor that I have pictured below the sensor that monitors/reads exterior temps? If so, I must have missed the part about relocating it during the install.

Any insight or info would be greatly appreciated. Jeremy if you could also confirm that would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
that is the outside air temp sensor. with it sitting right there I am not surprised its reading high, I dont know if the ecu reads/adjusts for ambient air temp so its up to you to relocate or just deal with bad temp reading.

EDIT: that sensor is just held on with a simple plastic clip thru that plate, easily movable. its raining right now so I cant check but there might be a hole you could move it to on the other side of the hood latch ie under the horn.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is the outside air temp sensor. with it sitting right there I am not surprised its reading high, I dont know if the ecu reads/adjusts for ambient air temp so its up to you to relocate or just deal with bad temp reading.

EDIT: that sensor is just held on with a simple plastic clip thru that plate, easily movable. its raining right now so I cant check but there might be a hole you could move it to on the other side of the hood latch ie under the horn.
Thanks! :rock:

Already looked, and didn't real see any viable place to re-clip it using an alt hole. Might just good ol zip tie it to the ac bracket line for a clear shot to the exterior incoming air.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..ugh this fucken clip is a pain in the ass to get off. Really don't want to have to remove the bumper just to get a better angle. :mad:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, couldn't find a valid hole to remount the Ambient Temp Sensor so heres where I ended mounting it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
stumbled upon this thread, HR2L zip tied it to the power steering cooler line, not an A/C, as there is hot oil flowing thru that line i would assume the temp reading will still be inaccurate and now the sensor and wires are vulnerable to road debris. I would not recommend this.

·
Registered
863 Posts
stumbled upon this thread, HR2L zip tied it to the power steering cooler line, not an A/C, as there is hot oil flowing thru that line i would assume the temp reading will still be inaccurate and now the sensor and wires are vulnerable to road debris. I would not recommend this.
LOL 9 year old thread holy hell

But, those ambient temp sensors only work till about 20-30 MPH at most.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts