Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago my AFR gauge went from being in optimum to Lean. Optimum is at about 14-14.8 now it is blinking a max at 20. I was wondering if there is a way to check my AFR without using my gauge. I have an access port with the newest version. My mods include, Hks turbo back exhaust, k&n typhoon short ram intake, and upper intercooler pipe. I think my gauge might be broken. Sometimes the gauge will still move when i turn the ignition off.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
not sure about checking the afr another way. But is your car acting up at all or is it just the gauge. If the car is fine its probably the sensor in the pipe.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
well if the car was at 20 for afr, it would have blown up by now, so i think its the sensor.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
first, its O2 sensor, not CO2..lol. Like i said, im not 100% sure its the sensor, but thats my guess. I would replace it. If its fried, putting a spacer in, isnt going to do anything.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Don't put a spacer on it. It worked fine before, now it doesn't. Swap out the o2 sensor.
Just curious, was is instant from ~14 to 20 or was it progressive?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I don't know why I said co2. oops. The gauge was working fine. It was constant. It just maxed out one day, every once in a while it will read optimum but only for about 30 seconds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts