Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, thinking of getting 650whp as my next project, I have the following Q that need your help.

1) Is it better to go with two Walbro 255lph or single Walbro 400lph to dual supply line before 4 injectors? Other than Wablro and aeromotive, do we have other high flow pump in the market? actually i don't like the whining noise from Walbro and I think it will be much louder if i were to put on the 400lph or 2x255lph

2)Which fuel rail can allow me to have high flow to support 650whp?

3)Do i need to change the complete return line?

4)ID1600cc is enough for 650whp? or 2000cc would be better that allow future projects?

5)is the change of exhaust manifold compulsory else it would have a lot of flow restriction?

6) what is the fuel pressure i should set in vacuum?

7) Intake manifold need to be changed? Any recommendation?

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
hi, thinking of getting 650whp as my next project, I have the following Q that need your help.
First off, is this on e85?

1) Is it better to go with two Walbro 255lph or single Walbro 400lph to dual supply line before 4 injectors? Other than Wablro and aeromotive, do we have other high flow pump in the market? actually i don't like the whining noise from Walbro and I think it will be much louder if i were to put on the 400lph or 2x255lph
Get a Walbro400, drill the return and hardwire it with 10 gauge. OR you can run a weldon, LOL thats what I did.You will still have starvation issues below half a tank if you track it. Only real way around that is a surge tank or fuel cell. You may want to consider the JDM RS fuel tank that is baffled. Although, the 311rs is the only car that has tried it and no real results have been posted.

2)Which fuel rail can allow me to have high flow to support 650whp?
Boomba or AMS, but a rail is not necessary
3)Do i need to change the complete return line?

4)ID1600cc is enough for 650whp? or 2000cc would be better that allow future projects?
ID1600s are discontinued. What fuel are you running. If e85 then get the 2000s, but they wont idle for shit if you run 93 oct.

5)is the change of exhaust manifold compulsory else it would have a lot of flow restriction?you never said what turbo you plan on running, but no stock frame will get you to 650whp, therefor a t3 is necessary, in which case you will need a manifold. Stock frame manis are good for 30whp up top and will help get you close to the 600whp mark(if ALL the other parts of the build are adressed properly. ie turbo, head, motor cams,etc)

6) what is the fuel pressure i should set in vacuum?
shoot for a base pressure of around 45psi

7) Intake manifold need to be changed? Any recommendation?
not neccessary, but MAP offers a ported stocker if you feel like spending more money.
Also Read this.
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28036
you can check out my build thread, Murlos, Hollywoods, Hotdogs, Chkmgnts, etc,etc there are a number of people making that kind of power on here. Start reading the shit out of these forums.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, thanks for ur info, i m planning to run 98ron, FPblack, 2.3Jun stroker, 272Jun Cam, Tomei oversize valve...

for the intake part, i m on 3" now, do i need to go for 4" intake?

for the intercooler part, I am on ARC now, do i need to go for 4"core?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a simple reason here...i try not to get caught on the road as FPblack is using the stock housing and i believe most of the traffic police can't recognize it, and i won't get any ticket. The penalty in my country for illegal mod is damn serious....

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
a simple reason here...i try not to get caught on the road as FPblack is using the stock housing and i believe most of the traffic police can't recognize it, and i won't get any ticket. The penalty in my country for illegal mod is damn serious....
Where are you located?

If youre trying to be as stealth as possible. Forget the 650whp mark.

Do an FP black on a ported stock manifold. Stock aribox with cosworth drop in filter. Catless turbo back exhaust with stock muffler. Nisei 1 peice UICP in black. Then build the motor on top of that. GSC s2 cams, springs. +1mm valves, and a 2.3 stroker. That should be good for close to 500whp on your 98ron.

650whp is gonna be loud and obvious once the hood is opened.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
What is considered an "illegal modification"?
Depends on your state and local laws.

A test pipe is a good example.

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
I guess thats whats cool about GA... there are so many ******* modded trucks and v8's they dont really care about us imports.
The Tomei exhaust/tp and the HKS turbo spool and bov actuation noise are an automotive symphonic orgy down here.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
where is the OP from? I got the impression that he would get bambooed if they caught him with a T3

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess I was more asking about what is illegal in his country. I've never heard of a different turbo being illegal.
haha. changing of turbo (upsize/downsize) is illegal...putting stroker kit also illegal, only changing the intake part in engine bay is allow...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts