Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing my new ETS 4" FMIC and noticed after I took it for a quick spin, a slight loss in low end power. I didn't hear any leaks and took a quick log with my AP and noticed a slight difference in idle boost, previously it was -10, and now its -11.2. I'm also still hitting my max tuned boost of 27psi and it appears my MPG might be lower than usual.

So I assume if there were any major leaks, I couldn't hit the 27psi, correct? And just to clarify, I haven't got a retune since the install. My currently tuned mods are:

• Turboback Exhaust - Perrin DP+HFC+Magnaflow
  • Synapse DV
  • Grimspeed 3port
  • Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose
  • K&N Drop In Filter
  • Tomei UICP
  • COBB AP Tune

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
A bigger FMIC will cause a small loss of spool, especially when not tuned for it. This would account for what you are noticing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are quite a few threads with claims of XXhp gains un-tuned out there and found it odd that others who installed their FMIC made comments on how they could immediately tell the difference. I for one really couldn't, albeit the powerband was noticeably smoother.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Because everyone's but dyno is not calibrated the same.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.