Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2012 evo :godance:i want to put the CNT RACING RS 3" CAT BACK EXHAUST. Is it pretty much pointless to put it on without getting the down pipe and everything or will the stock one do fine? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
yea stock one is fine if you just want to make noise have at it! but if you are not* going to upgrade turbo in the future etc.. it's pointless. imo have fun with your 2012 :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton man! I have been looking araund and it has the sound and look i am trying to get, anyone know a good place to get it from? Found it for $499

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nice exhuast, a test pipe or 3" highflow cat will complement the exhaust better than the down pipe. IIRC Right before Christmas I saw that exhaust go on sale by one of the merchants.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Quick question for you...Does the tachometer change colors like a shift light? I have heard the 2012 have this but have yet to see it.

The big restriction is the stock cat so if you want more sound and power replace that with a high flow cat or a test pipe.
The downpipe is a bitch to change so you have to decide if its worth the effort, or money if you pay a shop. I personally did it because I got a deal on a full turbo back exhaust. If I had to buy an exhaust piece by piece I would have probably waited until its time for a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha Idk to tell you the truth I have not red lined it yet, still breaking her in. Only has 50 miles on it now had 4 when I got it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts