Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checked out the R32 at several dealerships and I've been given under invoice pricing...didn't really think I'd have this much consideration for a VW but I may pull the trigger and buy it. After waiting several days, the head sales manager gave me a call and is about to give me a much better deal than just below invoice pricing I was initially offered. If the price is too good to pass up, I'm gonna dive in and drive away in the R32....wait a couple of years and buy a 2nd generation Evo X. I know the car is underpowered but if I can get it at the price I want, I think it will be worth the purchase.

what are your guys thoughts on the r32, if any?

·
Registered
32 Posts
R32 is a nice car, it really is. We all know (if you don't a few google searches and 30 minutes will fit it) that there's a lot of scepticism of what the tranny of the r32 can take if you mod it. But stock, with the warranty, if you're not going to upgrade it, it's a great car. Considering that you can get it for cheaper than some optioned-out GTis, it's a bargain. Believe me, if they had a 4dr R32 I'd be driving one. The 4dr GTI equipped the same is more than the 250hp R32! go figure (im talking dealer available prices. a lot of dealers are marking the R32 to below invoice... roughly $27K-$28K)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have the white r32 and put about 8 miles on it since I brought it from the dealership. It sucks that I won't have much time in the next 2 weeks to break in the engine. I figure I'll take it easy for the first 1000 miles and then push it hard.

the interior is nice, the seats are great and the ride is very comfortable. it really is a nice total package. i'm not a big fan of hatches but this white r32 in the driveway is frickin sexy. i have no regrets with my purchase, i will have this car for the next 2 years and then either keep it or trade it in for a 2nd or 3rd gen Evo X....maybe the r36, if that ever comes to fruition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.