Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let people know of an issue I found with the fuel rail from Radium for the car. I blew my motor a while back where cylinder 4 cooked and the valves in 1 and 4 were white. I threw some misfire codes before this and checked my injectors (had them tested and they were fine), changed the plugs, did the whole ordeal and it still blew. When re-installing the fuel rail tonight I was just cleaning up the injector seats and noticed that the fittings on the sides of the fuel rail screwed in too deep into the fuel rail, blocking the injector feed holes for # 1 and 4. They weren’t totally blocked but more than halfway (the straight bit after the threads is visible in pics but then the tapered bit goes even further and can’t be seen on my pic inside). So I removed the end fittings, dremelled off about 1/4” off the end and the injector holes are now clear.

Now maybe this wasn’t the complete issue with the car but in general reduced fuel flow to the injectors is not good. So just as advice everyone running the Radium fuel rail should take it off and check if they have the same issue. Maybe other fuel rails have the same issue I’m not sure but if anyone is having issues with cylinders 1 and 4 running lean this might be the issue.
I contacted radium as well and sent them pics (see below).
Hand Automotive tire Finger Camera accessory Bumper

Trigger Bumper Gun barrel Air gun Gadget

Bumper Trigger Automotive exterior Office equipment Auto part

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked mine, (I'm still stock turbo/injector so I was worried I would be fine until I upgrade this summer but still probably wouldn't have slept tonight without knowing after seeing your post!) and I don't have any obstruction. Did you use the fittings Radium supplied?
View attachment 289122
View attachment 289123
I did use the fittings provided. Radium got back to me last night saying that their fittings don’t have the extended flared bit and use the brown O ring but I used what was supplied so maybe it was a one off someone throwing in the wrong fittings (I hope so) but yeah, good to double check as it’s not something I even thought of to check unfortunately.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, and I got the car back together and it’s definitely what was wrong since now she runs great. Going for a dyno tune soon, fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts