Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,986 Posts
I dont know if its fair to call it a "de-tunned X" but rather a tuned up Lancer. I think there is a big reason to put this out. Not all people want the Evo, and not all people who want the Evo can afford it. If you want a reasonable priced sedan with AWD and a bit of power, right now only the Subaru WRX is the only option. A lancer ralliart would fit that niche very well and complete directly with the WRX. I do not see a loss by Mitsu bringing somethign like this out to the market.
Actually, I think of it as a detune Evo X. The reason behind that is that both lancer and ralliart, design and mechanical wise, is derived from Evo X. Unlike previous generation where they practically added AWD and turbo to the lancer to make the Evo, this time, they took away awd and turbo, and various other parts, to make the lancer. Ralliart will be the ultimate money maker for Mitsubishi, not everyone will be able to afford an X. There is a reason why Mitsubishi isn't mass producing the Evo, they are only selling it for the "Halo Effect", it even says so in part of their brochure. :bowlol:

· Registered
3,986 Posts
yeah but the big thing with the new WRX is it's now built on the Legacy platform Instead of the Impreza. I drove it and it feels 'mushy' just like the Legacy...+ more understeer than ever. Alot of the sportiness has been squeezed out of it. I'ts wuss now imo.
Interesting...I bet it is to reduce cost, since Legacys are built in the states...

· Registered
3,986 Posts
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure all the new Imprezas are made in Japan, including the base, WRX and STI. Also, I think there are similarities in the chassis, but the wheelbase is still shorter in the Imprezas.

My Leggy wagon was made in Kentucky or some other such place! Damn it! If I'd gone for the Spec.B sedan it would have been Japanese construction.

Does Mitsubishi have any US production facilities?
I know Evo X is built in Japan, that is about it :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.