Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm having a hard time with making up my mind about a ralliart or evo. I cant seem to find a post that gives me the answers im looking for so here it goes. How do you guys like it and are you happy with what you picked? I want a car that I can trust, mostly in the winter, I live in petawawa ontario canada and we get alot of snow from time to time and I need something to count on. Also have fun and dirt roads and snow, as well as pass a few slow people on some roads if need be. I have driven a ralliart before amd enjoyed it alot, but have been unable to drive a evo. This car will be my dd as well.Thank you guys and hope to hear what you guys have to say

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you can afford the evo why not? Don't forget this is primarily an evo site, so of course most people would say the evo and for good reason. It's the all around better car.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
With good tires both cars are awsome in the snow. If you want to spend 10-15k more go with the evo its faster, more aggressive looking and handles better. If you would rather have a stick you have no choice but the evo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know we don't get too much snow in MD but i can say I was enjoying driving my X in the snow. I was cruising around 4wd trucks like nothing.....handles like a dream.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Hey everyone I'm having a hard time with making up my mind about a ralliart or evo. I cant seem to find a post that gives me the answers im looking for so here it goes. How do you guys like it and are you happy with what you picked? I want a car that I can trust, mostly in the winter, I live in petawawa ontario canada and we get alot of snow from time to time and I need something to count on. Also have fun and dirt roads and snow, as well as pass a few slow people on some roads if need be. I have driven a ralliart before amd enjoyed it alot, but have been unable to drive a evo. This car will be my dd as well.Thank you guys and hope to hear what you guys have to say
Snow: both will do amazing.
Passing people: Evo will do it better.
Enjoying dirt: Evo will do it a bit better.
Daily: Rallyart will do it much better as it's more comfortable, unless you don't care about the comfort, then Evo all the way.
Looks: personally Evo stands out, RA is a bit more subtle - thus I choose Evo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your imput so far and I was expecting move voted toward the evo. Is there much of a difference with the general maintenance cost for the evo vs RA? like breaks and stuff like that since they are brembo and all?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have both, 2010 Ralliart and 2014 Evo MR. I honestly don't know which one I like better. Evo is obviously quicker, however RA is an awesome daily driver.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you get a Railliart you might get bored quick and spend tons of money trying to make it more like an evo. Save yourself the trouble and get it right the first time. Either vehicle, with all season tires (like dunlop wintersport), will allow you to drive in the toughest weather Ontario can throw at you. Just be mindful of your budget because the evo (nor the ralliart from what I know) doesn't come with all season tires so you may need some extra cash to get some before snow season starts. I practically lived in Kingston, Ontario for about two years so I have personal experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No way in he'll ralliart over wrx despite what the specs say my buddy got a brand new wrx and my 09 ralliart is quicker he likes driven mine better to

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
[Global Mod], [Local Team Member]
2,511 Posts
Both are good cars. Honestly it comes down to your budget.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts