Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question.
I have an 09 ralliart. Stock except for the boost pill and gst flash tune. I have come across a TD05 turbo off of a 2010 X, my question is, could I use a stock tune off of a stock evo x until I can get it to a tuner.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You can, as long as you stay out of full throttle/boost. If you reach out to some of the e-tuners, I bet you can find one that has a base map that would work for your situation. MAPerformance has a swap kit that has all the lines and gaskets if you get a bare turbo. The exhaust manifolds are different as well, in case you didn't know. It's a cheap upgrade if you can get the X turbo cheap enough. It's enough work that I'd probably look for an 18k if you can afford it unless you're sure you won't want more power later.

·
Registered
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can, as long as you stay out of full throttle/boost. If you reach out to some of the e-tuners, I bet you can find one that has a base map that would work for your situation. MAPerformance has a swap kit that has all the lines and gaskets if you get a bare turbo. The exhaust manifolds are different as well, in case you didn't know. It's a cheap upgrade if you can get the X turbo cheap enough. It's enough work that I'd probably look for an 18k if you can afford it unless you're sure you won't want more power later.
I have managed to get my hands on a evo x turbo and it came with exhaust manifold. I'll check out MAPs kit. Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts