Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few years of owning my Ralliart and still being on a boost pill and GST OFS tune, I have pulled the trigger on some parts and am upgrading. Here is what I have ordered and will be ordering this week and what I am debating on ordering. The debate is where I need some solid advice.

Ordered:
MAP Investment Cast Manifold
Tomei open mouth downpipe
MHI 18K turbo

Ordering:
Kozmic Fuel Pump kit with Walboro 450 for e85
Driven Fab e85 kit
Driven Fab fuel line with filter
I.D. 1300s

Debating on ordering:
GSC Stage 2 Cams and valvesprings

I am looking to make a solid 400-460whp. Buy going with cams I am also looking at having to do a new timing chain and pay all the extra labor to do the cam and spring install which is around $1500 from what I was quoted by Mitsubishi. I could probably do the work myself but doing the springs on the car makes me nervous though I have read many people have done it. Is it worth paying all the extra money for the cams, springs, retainers, timing chain, oil pump chain, guides etc. just to reach the 460 mark? My car is a 2011 Ralliart with 63k miles on it. Its a daily driver and I am thinking 400 is very achievable without the cams etc.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Did you just say a Mitsubishi dealer would install your cams? Dude fuck that. Lol.

If you have the extra cash though, why not? If it's what you want. Won't do anything but make mire power lol.

Bit the current stuff ordered should do 400whp all day no problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you just say a Mitsubishi dealer would install your cams? Dude fuck that. Lol.

If you have the extra cash though, why not? If it's what you want. Won't do anything but make mire power lol.

Bit the current stuff ordered should do 400whp all day no problem.

I will not have Mitsubishi do them. No way no how. There is a local shop I am going to use that builds a lot of import race cars and have done some work on a couple of EVO X's.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I will not have Mitsubishi do them. No way no how. There is a local shop I am going to use that builds a lot of import race cars and have done some work on a couple of EVO X's.
Ok. Where are you located? Tons of reputable evo shops on this forum from all across the country

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Where are you located? Tons of reputable evo shops on this forum from all across the country

I am in Appleton Wisconsin. Closest shop is Boostin Performance and AMS in Chicago. There is a local performance shop here that builds a lot of BMW's, Honda's, Audi's and other platforms. They just put in a Dyno also and I am hoping to work with them on this soon. Just have to find some time to get there and talk with them. They have worked on a couple EVO X's also.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I am in Appleton Wisconsin. Closest shop is Boostin Performance and AMS in Chicago. There is a local performance shop here that builds a lot of BMW's, Honda's, Audi's and other platforms. They just put in a Dyno also and I am hoping to work with them on this soon. Just have to find some time to get there and talk with them. They have worked on a couple EVO X's also.
If AMS isn't horribly out if reach. I would go there.

You don't really want to go to a shop that has done "a couple evo x" you want a shop that specializes in them. Even though they might do tons of BMW work, doesn't make them experts on the evo. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts